+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sieb...sieb...sieb...

Sieb...sieb...sieb...

55th birthday today. Loved him. March '99, 5th round Scottish Cup, Ayr at Somerset. 0-0 on 89 mins, Ayr get a pen, Andy Walker to take.

Sieb goes up to him, tells him he knows what corner it's going. But Sieb kinda knows then that Walker is going to hit it straight down the middle. Strangely, Walker kisses the ball before battering it down the middle. But big Sieb knew correct, stayed like a brick wall central. Ball canons off a solid right hand/arm, hits bar & is cleared.

One of the best penalty saves I've ever seen. Game ends 0-0, we win replay 2-1 at Tannadice. Lose to Celtic 2-0 in the semi at Hampden. Luggy the manager.

Semi Final was at Ibrox, depressing performance and easy win for Celtic.. We were in the Copland Rd end that day

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    55th birthday today. Loved him. March '99, 5th round Scottish Cup, Ayr at Somerset. 0-0 on 89 mins, Ayr get a pen, Andy Walker to take.

Sieb goes up to him, tells him he knows what corner it's going. But Sieb kinda knows then that Walker is going to hit it straight down the middle. Strangely, Walker kisses the ball before battering it down the middle. But big Sieb knew correct, stayed like a brick wall central. Ball canons off a solid right hand/arm, hits bar & is cleared.

One of the best penalty saves I've ever seen. Game ends 0-0, we win replay 2-1 at Tannadice. Lose to Celtic 2-0 in the semi at Hampden. Luggy the manager.
    A penalty which was given away by Tonny Mols, with a completely ludicrous tackle by possibly the worst midfielder I've seen play in Tangerine. Shudder.................

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    A penalty which was given away by Tonny Mols, with a completely ludicrous tackle by possibly the worst midfielder I've seen play in Tangerine. Shudder.................
    Possibly not, unless you're one of the lucky ones that's managed to erase all memory of Rabitsch and Barton ��

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Allegedly on £5K a week also.

Quote Originally Posted by duke_the_arab View Post
    Allegedly on £5K a week also.
    There were lots of daft wages going about at the turn of the century. It was on the back of grossly exaggerated projected TV income at the time. Which didn't materialise. I know of one United player who was not near being a first team regular but was still on £2k/week.

Sieb was the business. I always remember if we conceded a corner it was pretty much zero problem as he always came out to clutch them. Then on the very rare occasion he missed, it was utter chaos in the box. 😂 Very entertaining.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)