It is a sign of the Cambridge inferiority that such celebrations, on the radio, can ensue after a draw. It is of course against a big club, not a fellow mosquito bite of a club like Morecambe.

Which is bigger Cambridge or Morecambe?

I suppose you know whats coming, like the dark clouds that loom as dusk falls, or as the march of time weakens your limbs.

Draws are not good enough.

Relegation is as a dark cloud that looms in the distance. Or like that Alien second film, where that 10 foot humanoid is grabbed by the tentacled monster, to fight vainly, until consumed.

United will be consumed. Shrewsbury away saturday is a monster game, lose, and these words will hit home. A draw wont do.

The best thing that can happen to hasten an ending, rather than a protracted death roll, is that Ironside gets crocked.

Where would they be without him? This iron clad battle cruiser, needs his propeller clipped, like the Bismarck. Am i unduly pessimistic? After all, Harvey Knibbs waits in the wings, this god of the Abbey, about to take the footballing world by storm.

And there you have it, why United will be relegated.

No strength in depth. Ironside cannot escape injury or loss of form forever. O halloran is a pensioner.

And the fault lies with Paul Barry, though he will deny it, and by default, blame the manager.

Barry cant afford another battering ram. If they do get another forward, it will be in the discard isle in Aldi.

Things are getting hot, and like all Romans at the Colloseum, when blood is about to be spilt, i am leaning forward, eager for the blade to be thrust.

Cheerio Cheerio Cheerio............Lovely town Shrewsbury, have been countless times to watch United. If still in brum i would go, to sit with the home fans. Who wants to support cheap.

Buzz, of the Moon. Or political warriors. Get out Barry.