+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: V Gooners

Sorry Deano, you've got to go. You are sticking to a formation that doesn't work. Whether Purslow was the reason we got Ings or not, playing Watkins and Ings up top together doesn't work.

Mings is worse than Hause and Konsa. Axl must have something in his contract about play time. We have 6 wingers (all be it with injuries they aren't all available) but we are paying a system with wingbacks and no wingers.

Good bye. Thank you. Bye

Watford 3 conceded
    Chelsea 3 conceded
    Spurs 2 conceded
    Wolves 3 conceded
    Arsenal 3 conceded

This is the main problem, has this got anything to do with Terry leaving. Lose to West Ham and 10 games in, losing 6 will mean the board will start asking serious questions. Losing again today is no disgrace, the manner of defeat is......☹

Good 2nf half though

Good? I don’t think so. Less intensity from Arsenal and a couple of chances. The first half was diabolical I lost count how many times we gave the ball away. Defensively we’re woeful, almost comical and I’ m sad to say that this is relegation form. It almost looked like we went out without a game plan. Wholesale changes needed for next week as this formation is just not working.

Just a lower mid-table team, being given a passing and pressing lesson from an upper mid-table football team.

There’s a reason why our players play for us, and the same applies to the coaching team, they are not good enough to operate at a higher level. Our ‘better’ players are far too inconsistent to interest better teams.

The coaches? And I include the two that left in the summer, cannot coach a player to make a ten-yard pass to a teammate. The Manager bemoaned, post-match, that we didn’t do the basics. The basics? Who’s job would that be then Dean?

I do not believe that DS should be sacked, now. He is after all fulfilling his mandate, to re-establish AVFC as a Premier League team. Should our ambitions be higher, then yes, I’d give him till the end of the season, to continue to stabilise, then thank him and let him off.

He’s done a fantastic job to get thus far, but there will come a time for Aston Villa Football Club to move on. That time is fast approaching.

That 'Nanny' McPhee, is stealing a living, absolute garbage.

Firstly i would stop playing ings and watkins together up front. Maybe in a 433 with watkins on the left of the 3. Or Watkins on his own up front.
    Stop this 5 at the back asap.

Simple adjustments needed. Its not rocket science

Steve Bruce is available if your considering a new manager 😂😂😂

Interesting to read that the consensus appears to be to drop Ings, and not Watkins. I don’t think that it’s an unreasonable assumption that Ings is out-performing Watkins this season.

Maybe Axel as DM in front of the back 4, picking up the playmakers, the ones that Dougie/Nakamba give such a free ride to.

Bailey will improve us, when fit, so too will Buendia, once he’s had his head rattled by the changing room.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    Steve Bruce is available if your considering a new manager 😂😂😂
    Didnt think it would be long before gobby was back. 2nd from bottom a War chest of 50 mill this season, sorry mac, you will have to go down before you come up. Take your Shlte back to your council estate!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)