+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Serious val question

With our current squad we should be doing much better. The manager decides the team, the formation, the tactics, who to bring in and how to motivate. It’s been crystal clear for months we are getting worse and worse .... yet Val does nothing. He just sticks to his ‘system” when it’s clear its not working and a different approach is needed. Most games we have five defenders on the field - do we need this against the mighty PBoro, PNE or Millwall. Even when we were winning games earlier in the season could we honestly say we were playing well. And once we got worked out by Stoke it’s been downhill all the way.

He simply has to go .... he has lost the dressing room and now the fans ... for sure Lai needs to go as well ... but simply put we should be doing better with what we have .....and that’s entirely down to Val ..

Val was the one I wanted when we were searching for a new manager. I looked what he had done at Barnsley and his reputation with the youngsters and thought he would be ideal for us.
    We drew our first game away at Bournemouth and demolished Sheffield United at home.
    Since October teams have sussed us out and we haven't changed.
    I was still for giving him more time as late as November.
    But we have got worse, the football that was never good to begin with is shocking. We can't score and have now started to leak goals. We can't beat teams at the foot of the table or even draw with some of them.
    He doesn't give the kid's a chance at all, and Livermore is guaranteed to start every game despite being one of the worst performers every week. Player's like Diangana who have one good game are dropped for the next one.
    He has fallen out with Snodgrass and Johnstone and probably most of them judging by performance's.
    I thought the Val out campaign was premature to begin with, but now I can see that our supporters who called for his head so early were right all along.

Time for him to go.

I wasn't pro or anti Ismael's appointment but when he got the job I thought, OK let him give it a go. The first few games impressed me; high press, plenty of energy and goals. However, as time has elapsed the performances have deteriorated to such an extent that we are now unrecognisable from the team of those few early games. You then have to ask yourself the reason why this has happened. They are the same players but something has gone wrong. If you look at recent performances we are devoid of any shape, any system and basically the players look completely lost. Yes, we have had some injuries but interestingly our best performance of late was against Reading when we were down to the bare bones.

I don't believe that the players aren't trying, to my mind they just can't play the way that Ismael wants them to and he's not prepared to alter his beliefs.

What was the Churchill quote “he who never changes his mind never changes anything”. ... this is where we are now with Val. A stubborn man who has fixed views and is unwilling to change .... even in the face of clear and overwhelming evidence ..... which we can all see ... apart from him ....

To all those on here that were all very bullish and shouty I’d just like to say told you so 🙄

Deluded ,moron ,thick, on drugs,c**t just some of the words banded about on here regarding MY opinion on val

Just goes to show the ones that like to shout the loudest are not always correct

Only one apology so far and that person knows who they are seems the loudest shouters aren’t very loud in offering an apology 😊
    Last edited by viaductbaggies; 03-02-2022 at 06:05 PM.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)