+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious val question

So are your thoughts changing ?

Quote Originally Posted by viaductbaggies View Post

No the owner should f uck right off the sooner the better!

The c unt has stripped the club of any quality whatsoever

I predicted that many of our fans would be after a change of Manager before Xmas when Val was appointed unless we were running away with the league by now. It appears to be the fallback position for so many of our fans!

I have always said that I think we first and foremost need stability. Unless Lai is going to put forward a treasure chest to buy new players in the Transfer window nothing much is going to change on the field with our without a new Manager and for the life of me I cannot imagine who we will get any better.

What does worry me though is Val appears so one dimensional and surely that makes it easier for opposition Managers to plan for and get better results against us. You know his formation, the likely players, the substitution plan almost every match.

Also the club is obviously an unhappy place behind the scenes. We have been here before when players go missing or get sent off. There is always a reason why players are regularly getting sent off, no matter how contentious the decisions. Unhappy, under stress players are not good players and no matter how poor their standard they cannot play up to it.

I do think Val should stay but I think he needs to change his approach, his formation, his substitution strategy or else I think we will end up mid table at least.

Finally whilst I am having a rant, yes FOL.

BUT I don’t buy into the fact he hasn’t invested at all. He has it is whoever has authorised these transfers that I blame. Not many have spent anywhere near as much as we have in this league, or have the overheads we have, we just don’t use what we have well.

With these players it would mean f k all if we played 0-0-10/0-10-0/10-0-0…

Poor touches, poor passes, poor positioning, poor efforts, poor attempts, poor shots etc…

With many basic football skills seem to be missing, and they should be there by now and not having to be taught by Val.

FOL!!!

If there was ever a game that proved that Val has been ill-equipped by the club, it's this one. The setup proved to work as we created several really good chances and hardly any the other end, the STRIKERS missed them. Not just one, all of them. Diangana, Grant, Robinson, Hugill all had great chances to score but missed. The red card was also unfortunate and a bit silly from Molumby.

You can say 'bring in kids' all you like but we all know it's not that simple. The kid Cleary has not even signed a pro deal and there will be all kinds of contracts thrown at him if he does score a few or just plays well. It's very traditional of clubs to say "sign a deal and you will start". Crazy on here how many say don't play Johnstone as he won't sign a new deal, but are desperate for Cleary to start.

I think Val's unlucky, I really do. They said yesterday we've had 61 shots on goal in three matches and no goals.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    With these players it would mean f k all if we played 0-0-10/0-10-0/10-0-0…

Poor touches, poor passes, poor positioning, poor efforts, poor attempts, poor shots etc…

With many basic football skills seem to be missing, and they should be there by now and not having to be taught by Val.

FOL!!!

Couldn't have summed it up better Swedish! On this note - F UCK OFF LAI!

We came down with poor players but under vals guidance he’s turned them into atrocious players I’m afraid

We came down with poor players but under vals guidance he’s turned them into atrocious players I’m afraid

What a stupid f uckin comment! The only quality that we had left when we came down!! Players like Livermore, Phillips and Ajayi but to name a few were always s hite! Lai sold the last bit of quality we had and pocketed the cash!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    What a stupid f uckin comment! The only quality that we had left when we came down!! Players like Livermore, Phillips and Ajayi but to name a few were always s hite! Lai sold the last bit of quality we had and pocketed the cash!
    But under his guidance the players have become even worse

The, by far, worst performances I have seen in ”fairly recent times” were the first ones under B S.

Leeds 0-5, Arsenal 0-4, 1st half vs Fulham where it could/should have been 0-4, Man C 1-5 (or something similar?), Sheffield U 1-2 etc.

A few points in any of these games would have kept us up maybe, since all points count, which seems to be forgotten some times when judging B S.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)