+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious val question

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    Large numbers of our squad belongs in the bottom half of the league. No disrespect to Barnsley, but some of our lot are worthy of no better than a Barnsley standard of side.

Robinson
    Phillips
    Livermore
    Ajayi
    Townsend
    Reach
    Mulumbi
    Hugill
    Furlong

How many of them have we bought in the pass couple of seasons!! Perreira was so good he made a few other lads look better than they are, such as Diangana.

We look like a side with rock bottom confidence. The next two home games will either make us or break us sadly but the responsibility for this mess sits with the top brass who decide on how the club is ran.

Good post Matt and so accurate. No mention of Zohore so presume he’s for the council tip!

I still think there is a footballer in Diangana, you can't go from being so good to so bad in a season. West Ham fans were upset when we got him.
    I think Allardyce and Ismael have knocked all the confidence out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I still think there is a footballer in Diangana, you can't go from being so good to so bad in a season. West Ham fans were upset when we got him.
    I do too. I think his downfall is two-fold. One the system doesn't suit him as he wants the ball to feet, a slower pace and a playmaker to play off. Two, I think he's lost a yard of pace which is really hindering his play.

I'm sick to death of us as a club not knowing what we want to do and our recruitment reflects that. We need a blueprint and to stick with it as we don't have the resources to keep buying players who are in favour and then out of favour. If that's high press, then so be it. We can't go back to bringing in a Pulis, who signed sh*thouses only to then turn to Moore who wants to play out from the back.

If we are setting a list of principles around how we want to play, then a manager will need some time and a couple of seasons to make it work. Bilic was reportedly given two seasons, I suspect Val will have the same.

I do too. I think his downfall is two-fold. One the system doesn't suit him as he wants the ball to feet, a slower pace and a playmaker to play off. Two, I think he's lost a yard of pace which is really hindering his play.

I'm sick to death of us as a club not knowing what we want to do and our recruitment reflects that. We need a blueprint and to stick with it as we don't have the resources to keep buying players who are in favour and then out of favour. If that's high press, then so be it. We can't go back to bringing in a Pulis, who signed sh*thouses only to then turn to Moore who wants to play out from the back.

If we are setting a list of principles around how we want to play, then a manager will need some time and a couple of seasons to make it work. Bilic was reportedly given two seasons, I suspect Val will have the same.
    The only problem for the owners if they are happy to persist with this one dimensional garbage is crowds down to 14000 next season

When the club appointed Val, they must surely have known the sort of manager that they were getting, so it would make no sense in giving him his P45. Don’t blame Val, it’s the tw@t in China that vetoed Chris Wilder. There will be no improvements until Lai has been seen off in a Chinese takeaway.

FOL

Large numbers of our squad belongs in the bottom half of the league. No disrespect to Barnsley, but some of our lot are worthy of no better than a Barnsley standard of side.

Robinson
    Phillips
    Livermore
    Ajayi
    Townsend
    Reach
    Mulumbi
    Hugill
    Furlong

How many of them have we bought in the pass couple of seasons!! Perreira was so good he made a few other lads look better than they are, such as Diangana.

We look like a side with rock bottom confidence. The next two home games will either make us or break us sadly but the responsibility for this mess sits with the top brass who decide on how the club is ran.
    Weird assessment in my book. I see Townsend and Furlong as Premier league players. They really held their own in the Premier league. The other players are all good pro's, way better than lower championship level. Maybe Fulham fans and Bournemouth fans are exactly the same, I just don't know. A Bournemouth player was bragging recently that Fulham and Bournemouth were way ahead of the others with Quality, they then both slumped, and Blackburn have shot ahead (for now) That's football. FOR ANY TEAM! even teams with huge budgets!

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Weird assessment in my book. I see Townsend and Furlong as Premier league players. They really held their own in the Premier league. The other players are all good pro's, way better than lower championship level. Maybe Fulham fans and Bournemouth fans are exactly the same, I just don't know. A Bournemouth player was bragging recently that Fulham and Bournemouth were way ahead of the others with Quality, they then both slumped, and Blackburn have shot ahead (for now) That's football. FOR ANY TEAM! even teams with huge budgets!
    Furlong - beaten to his position by Ferguson, O’Shea and next TGH. His crossing and passing is poor.

Townsend- a steady eddie but nothing more.

They are both in the most important attacking positions, the roles that have most space to send deliveries in but both consistently fail to find the right pass.

If fans are happy with Ismael's style of play, so be it I'm not!

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    He is a left sided attacker, Val
    In his wisdom doesn’t play him on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    He is a left sided attacker, Val
    In his wisdom doesn’t play him on the left.
    Yeah but again he's got Grant, Robinson and Diangana all most suited to left wing. How we ended up having all three signed for one position is the fault of the club. Val's having to work with what he has there.

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)