+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious val question

Quote Originally Posted by viaductbaggies View Post
    The only criticism I have of Val - he was a naive fool to come to our club with zero ambition - zero spend and a f uck whit called Ken who knows f uck all about football!

Ken knows f uck all about football that’s why he appointed val as manager 🤣🤣🤣

Seems like you and Ken are well matched 😭😭

PS - Val was not the idiot who spent 32 million on two players of which one is constantly in the treatment room. He wasn’t the idiot either who paid top dollar for Zohore!

Don’t think an idiot either attracted Mowatt our best player to the club! That was a smart cookie!

Val is not the idiot either who sits in his armchair giving it large😂
    Last edited by baggieal; 22-10-2021 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Seems like you and Ken are well matched 😭😭

PS - Val was not the idiot who spent 32 million on two players of which one is constantly in the treatment room. He wasn’t the idiot either who paid top dollar for Zohore!

Don’t think an idiot either attracted Mowatt our best player to the club! That was a smart cookie!

Val is not the idiot either who sits in his armchair giving it large😂
    No the idiot that bought the 2 players for 32m and the useless lump zohore was the very clever person that refused to employ val as he new his style of football was absolute garbage to watch and new the cleverer supporters of the club would not put up with 🤷*♂️

No the idiot that bought the 2 players for 32m and the useless lump zohore was the very clever person that refused to employ val as he new his style of football was absolute garbage to watch and new the cleverer supporters of the club would not put up with 🤷*♂️

Didn’t see the Barnsley supporters moaning and would love him back as he worked miracles there!

Don’t watch them from your arm chair if you think Val’s so bad! Obviously you weren’t around in the Pulis, Pardew or thick as a plank Darren Moore days😂. Now that was bad and we even had decent players then and Dwight Gayle who scored goals although our Darren played him on the wing

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Didn’t see the Barnsley supporters moaning and would love him back as he worked miracles there!

Don’t watch them from your arm chair if you think Val’s so bad! Obviously you weren’t around in the Pulis, Pardew or thick as a plank Darren Moore days😂. Now that was bad and we even had decent players then and Dwight Gayle who scored goals although our Darren played him on the wing
    Been going up since the mid 70’s actually and have seen some pretty awful football over the years but this style this year has to be up there with them

Regarding Moore wasn’t he lambasted and ridiculed for playing the same system and style every week and making the same mistakes every week but the idiot (your definition) this season does exactly the same ( not playing it out from the back) but for some reason you love him 🥰

Been going up since the mid 70’s actually and have seen some pretty awful football over the years but this style this year has to be up there with them

Regarding Moore wasn’t he lambasted and ridiculed for playing the same system and style every week and making the same mistakes every week but the idiot (your definition) this season does exactly the same ( not playing it out from the back) but for some reason you love him 🥰

Didn’t Darren Moore have - Brunt - Morrison - Dawson - Gayle - Jay Rod - Holgate - Hegazi - and Harvey Barnes for quite a while!

Name which players in Val’s team are better than the above? Personally I don’t think there’s a single one!

With our current squad - Klopp would not get more out of them and that’s the point.

Expectation v quality of squad

Expectation v a very average squad

My expectation was high when we lost to Villa as with that team we should have walked the league had we not have two clowns in Moore and Shan.

My expectation with our current squad is any manager will do well to make the play offs! Both Fulham and Bournemouth have invested and have riches we can only dream about!

That’s my point! We are third for f uck sake with an average squad! Tell me which players are better in our current squad than those from Darren Moore’s days?

We are a club in decline! At least I admit it and don’t blame the manager who can’t control the lack of quality at his disposal!

I agree not 1 current squad member would get in that team but my gripe is vals style it is appalling to watch

I’m sure the current squad could at least try and play a slight bit of attractive football every now and again instead of this get rid of it as quickly as possible hoof up the pitch style that we seem to play every week

I agree not 1 current squad member would get in that team but my gripe is vals style it is appalling to watch

I’m sure the current squad could at least try and play a slight bit of attractive football every now and again instead of this get rid of it as quickly as possible hoof up the pitch style that we seem to play every week

It was not appalling in the games that were good ie Bournemouth and Sheffield United although I agree the matches lately have been poor! Do we have the right players for the high press or more importantly do they want to do it? Furlong for example has been awful lately - why? Also AGAIN we do not have a goal scorer since Gayle left and agree Hugill is poor and had more than enough chances to shine!! Some say play proper football - I question whether we have the magic or talent in the squad to do that!
    Sadly, our last bit of magic and a premier player was given away ( Pereira ) an no doubt the funds are in Lai's pocket!

Personally I would get rid of Johnstone in January on the basis any funds can be reinvested in the squad!

I really do fear for our future and more people should demonstrate on Lai's ownership!! It's a f uckin complete shambles!

Honestly I don’t think it’s the style but the application.
    Rather than unable to string two passes together at the moment , falling asleep at the back. Giving cheap free kicks and corners away by fouling. Unable to control a ball, turn a defender, win any headers, read the game , mark a man we should be watching….

Wave after wave of our attacks.
    The opposition unable to get out of their half and having to hastily lump the ball up field.
    Our opponents always wary that if they lose position at any time we will soon be threating their goal because our transitions are so quick.
    Be relentless from start to finish and our superior fitness overwhelming teams at the end
    That is supposed to be the Val way

One last point WBA proud football club now has a choice of Hughill and Zohore as its main strike threat. Oh my word how the mighty has fallen . XXXXing Tragic that all I can say truly an insult to the likes of Allen, Astle, Cyrille etc We deserve better.

Quote Originally Posted by wbaliquidator View Post
    Honestly I don’t think it’s the style but the application.
    Rather than unable to string two passes together at the moment , falling asleep at the back. Giving cheap free kicks and corners away by fouling. Unable to control a ball, turn a defender, win any headers, read the game , mark a man we should be watching….

Wave after wave of our attacks.
    The opposition unable to get out of their half and having to hastily lump the ball up field.
    Our opponents always wary that if they lose position at any time we will soon be threating their goal because our transitions are so quick.
    Be relentless from start to finish and our superior fitness overwhelming teams at the end
    That is supposed to be the Val way

One last point WBA proud football club now has a choice of Hughill and Zohore as its main strike threat. Oh my word how the mighty has fallen . XXXXing Tragic that all I can say truly an insult to the likes of Allen, Astle, Cyrille etc We deserve better.

Think we are singing off the same hymn sheet but my huge grudge is with Lai! It’s a shock when you see the quality of players under Darren Moore and those players we have now!

Still say even Klopp would not get any more out of very average championship players where quality is missing! Name one player now who can produce a moment of magic? There isn’t one!

Some are shouting for Snodgrass FFS. He’s finished or almost but was good in his day

I think these so called clever supporters would know the difference between "new" and "knew".

Just saying loike.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)