+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next WBA Manager

Next WBA Manager

After the sacking of Valerie who will be next??

Steve Bruce
    Michael Appleton
    Mick McCarthy
    John Terry

Club Statement

"Valérien Ismaël has left his position as head coach.

"The club would like to place on record its thanks to Valérien and Adam for their efforts and wishes them well in the future.

"The process of recruiting a new head coach is now under way and an appointment will be announced in due course."

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post

Steve Bruce
    Michael Appleton
    Mick McCarthy
    John Terry
    Phil, is this part of the prediction league!? 😎😉

Thats an idea Thomas - but sadly we'll all get the same points cus we'll all pick Appleton who no doubt will be the favourite

And off we go again.....he had bad rap with the players.......but players I guess nobody will hold their hand up....terrible indictment of the game....
    I really don't know what happens next....who in there right mind would come here now......no money, no new players, no manager.

A very fat bloke called Ron Sourlay as been appointed as the new WBA CEO

I haven't a clue as to who to appoint but what I do know is that we must take our time and ensure that we make the right appointment. The qualities I would like to see is a young, enthusiastic coach with vision who wants to play football on the ground. More easily said than done I know but it is absolutely essential that we get it right this time. Despite Ismael's success at Barnsley, he was never the right fit for us.

Ron Gourlay seems a good appointment with his vast football experience and he replaces Ken, who is rightly paying the price for our poor management and results.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post

Steve Bruce
    Michael Appleton
    Mick McCarthy
    John Terry
    How uninspiring can you get.

Steve Bruce is favourite, we'll be about his 20th club. He gets hounded out of everywhere he's been because of how boring his football is.

Mick McCarthy? If anyone thinks his football will be better than Val's then they need their head checked.

John Terry, I know nothing about as a manager but I just don't like him as a person. Would find it hard to warm to him, but who knows...

I'd rather we went down the Brunt/Morrison route than this lot.

It's a pity Lampard just joined Everton. He would have been my choice. You have to feel sorry for any new manager with no ability to add to the squad. We need to move quite quickly to give the new person as much time as possible to make a difference. Perhaps we need a short term appointment until the end of the season?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)