+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Injuries

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Theres a lot to be said for Val and the impressive relationship he had with the squad last season. Sure its easy to do when the team are regularly scoring and winning and going for promotion etc, but its obvious he had them up for it and always wanting to give 100% effort.
    Like most fans are now pointing out and questioning, injuries surprisingly don't seem to happen when a season is going well like that.
    Yep - that’s what I thinks happening.
    And happens regularly when players arn’t that bothered about playing - or they don’t want to play for the manager.
    They get a knock - under Ismael they wanted to play so just shrug it off - under Schopp they can’t be bothered.
    Obviously there are going to be genuine cases.
    But at the moment there seems to be another one or two out injured every week.

And that Nudger is why Im also rather peed off with the players as well, as I said on another thread tonight, they aren't blameless in all of this either.
    Its sort of understandable why players at any club might (thats only guessing there, as we can't be sure) want to feign injuries or simply not put the effort in on the pitch when things aren't going well. Maybe they are peed off with the manager or the chairman/owner or even with the fans for example, but this still doesn't make it right and they deserve criticism if they are choosing to do this.

How can anyone prove players are feigning injury?

Oulare was injured when we signed him and has played about 30 games in the last 5 seasons

Morris has had injury issues prior to joining us. Close to a return i understand.

Mads was inured during the summer and is close to a return.

Some players have had covid issues whilst others have been frozen out of the squad by this manager without any explanation.

Yes some players need to buck their ideas up but this starts at the top. (Conway and his recruitment and Schlopp and his tombola style selection process)

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    Tha can't. At least he's inching his way towards a start.

He could've gone and sin Warnock, he's a qualified chiropodist. Failing that my advice would be to tek it one step at a time, dunt run afooar tha can walk, tek babysteps and remember to tread carefully

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    He could've gone and sin Warnock, he's a qualified chiropodist. Failing that my advice would be to tek it one step at a time, dunt run afooar tha can walk, tek babysteps and remember to tread carefully
    Lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12