+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: O/t golf

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Part of whs.

Ie my handicap is 6.9 x 125 ÷ 113 at drumoig

Downfield.....6.9 x 133 ÷ 113 at Downfield

Takes into account difficulty of course.....113 is constant, every course and every tee now has a slope rating......drumoig green 121, yellow (medal) 125.
    Thank you for the explanation.
    I think that Downfield off the back tees which was the white tees when I was a member up to 2005 was a more difficult course than Drumoig.
    They used to say that if you could play to your handicap on Camperdown golf course you could play to your handicap anywhere.
    Now thanks to the SNP Dundee City Councillors that theory will no longer be able to be put to the test as Camperdown golf course is going to be reopened as a 9 hole golf course (the original 1st hole plus holes 11 - 18 on the original golf course) so that these dimwit councillors can save face,

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I think that Downfield off the back tees which was the white tees when I was a member up to 2005 was a more difficult course than Drumoig.
    They used to say that if you could play to your handicap on Camperdown golf course you could play to your handicap anywhere.
    Now thanks to the SNP Dundee City Councillors that theory will no longer be able to be put to the test as Camperdown golf course is going to be reopened as a 9 hole golf course (the original 1st hole plus holes 11 - 18 on the original golf course) so that these dimwit councillors can save face,
    Should never have reopened it at all and should have stuck with the original well made decision, the city doesn't need any golf courses.

How do you find climbing up the hill from the 14th green to the 15th tee at Downfield.
    I’m sure it’s called the Rest and Be Thankful.

Find Downfield trickier than Drumoig

Lost 3&2 in titelist masters 4 ball up there to father and son team...well beat......but beat a 2 and 1 handicap from Downfield in daily mail foursomes 5th round.

Think home advantage a huge thing in golf.

Play Strathmore quite well had a 73 off normal tees up there, Downfield tricky but I find Edzell the toughest of the local courses.

Cruden bay toughest I've played in this country if you don't count carnoustie in a gale.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Should never have reopened it at all and should have stuck with the original well made decision, the city doesn't need any golf courses.
    Quite right, working class white men play golf...**** them...let's have more gay pride stuff, **** aboot Palestine and food banks.😁

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Find Downfield trickier than Drumoig

Lost 3&2 in titelist masters 4 ball up there to father and son team...well beat......but beat a 2 and 1 handicap from Downfield in daily mail foursomes 5th round.

Think home advantage a huge thing in golf.

Play Strathmore quite well had a 73 off normal tees up there, Downfield tricky but I find Edzell the toughest of the local courses.

Cruden bay toughest I've played in this country if you don't count carnoustie in a gale.
    Agree Edzell is tricky , but mainly due to lots of blind shots , I think it would definitely be one of those courses were home advantage would really count in a match
    I only ever play off the yellows and my best round at strathmore is 77 but downfield my best is 85 , so downfield much trickier even off the yellows , I’ve only played your course a few times as like Balumbie I can only play it with a buggie , the walks from the greens to the next tees are just to far and hilly for me now

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Typical comment from someone who does not play golf and has no interest in it.
    I cannot understand why someone would want to go hill walking in Scotland as when you get to the top of a hill there is usually a higher one ahead in the distance.

Typical comment from someone who does not play golf and has no interest in it.
    I cannot understand why someone would want to go hill walking in Scotland as when you get to the top of a hill there is usually a higher one ahead in the distance.
    😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    I’m sure it’s called the Rest and Be Thankful.
    I was never a member of the old Downfield Golf Club. I joined the current Downfield Golf Club as a junior member in July 1966.
    I used to play golf with a member who had been a member of the former Downfield Golf Club.
    He told me that the 9th hole of the former Downfield Golf Course went from teeing off ground to the right of the current 12th green up the hill to the current 15th green. It was known as Calamity Hill. It must have been a ‘killer’ of a climb on a hot day.
    How long have you been a member of Downfield Golf Club.

Quote Originally Posted by notso View Post
    Agree Edzell is tricky , but mainly due to lots of blind shots , I think it would definitely be one of those courses were home advantage would really count in a match
    I only ever play off the yellows and my best round at strathmore is 77 but downfield my best is 85 , so downfield much trickier even off the yellows , I’ve only played your course a few times as like Balumbie I can only play it with a buggie , the walks from the greens to the next tees are just to far and hilly for me now
    3 main climbs, 4th to 5th, 11th to 12th.....and a wee climb from 14th up to 15th.

I do hear a lot of people saying it's hilly but never found that myself......it was a toss up where I joined Strathmore or Drumoig....same 20 min journey.....went for Drumoig as it's a year round course......but I play Strathmore at least half a dozen times a year.

I find the 1st cut of rough at Downfield quite lush......tees were immaculate when I played there though......tees and bunkers let drumoig down a bit.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)