+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: O/t golf

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Find Downfield trickier than Drumoig

Lost 3&2 in titelist masters 4 ball up there to father and son team...well beat......but beat a 2 and 1 handicap from Downfield in daily mail foursomes 5th round.

Think home advantage a huge thing in golf.

Play Strathmore quite well had a 73 off normal tees up there, Downfield tricky but I find Edzell the toughest of the local courses.

Cruden bay toughest I've played in this country if you don't count carnoustie in a gale.
    You are correct about home advantage being a huge thing in golf.
    Pre Covid there was a Caledonian League which was for Senior golfers of various golf clubs throughout Tayside and Fife.
    The results used to be published online and most clubs won their home games with only a few golf clubs winning some away games as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    3 main climbs, 4th to 5th, 11th to 12th.....and a wee climb from 14th up to 15th.

I do hear a lot of people saying it's hilly but never found that myself......it was a toss up where I joined Strathmore or Drumoig....same 20 min journey.....went for Drumoig as it's a year round course......but I play Strathmore at least half a dozen times a year.

I find the 1st cut of rough at Downfield quite lush......tees were immaculate when I played there though......tees and bunkers let drumoig down a bit.
    The bunkers at Downfield must have improved since 2005 as they used to have a thin covering of loose sand on top whilst the sand was hard underneath.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)