+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tripps in yesterday's Daily Mail

Tripps in yesterday's Daily Mail

......looks forward to the prospect of a Premier League homecoming and even a return to Burnley so that old boss Sean Dyche can help launch his coaching career. He has already begun planning for that moment with the FA and having worked for Dyche, Mauricio Pochettino and now Simeone, he certainly has the role models.

"Who knows, maybe further down the line I would like to be a manager. Who knows, at the end of my career I could play for Dyche again and get a coaching role with him. That would be the perfect scenario, I'm always on his case."

Seems that Kieran has a much higher regard for Sean's coaching abilities than some of our fans do.

Perhaps it is the case, sinkov, that he has taken the group of players at his disposal as far as they can go, rather than his skills being limited. Perhaps I have been over - critical in suggesting that there is no Plan B. Perhaps the players can only cope with Plan A?

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    Perhaps it is the case, sinkov, that he has taken the group of players at his disposal as far as they can go, rather than his skills being limited. Perhaps I have been over - critical in suggesting that there is no Plan B. Perhaps the players can only cope with Plan A?
    I have known quite a few professional footballers in my lifetime and most of them are as thick as mince.

Tactically Dyche is not up with the game's best, that's why he is still plying his trade at Turf Moor.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I have known quite a few professional footballers in my lifetime and most of them are as thick as mince.

Tactically Dyche is not up with the game's best, that's why he is still plying his trade at Turf Moor.
    Fair comment, BT. It will be interesting to see how he uses Cornet and with whom. From the many comments I have read on here, a common theme is that we need more pace in attacking areas. Cornet appears to be able to provide that. Vydra, in my opinion, has never had a fair chance as the style of play does not always suit him. He has some pace. McNeil used to show a bit of pace, but he seems ponderous at times now. Perhaps Cornet, with Vydra and McNeil could bring the pace that is missing. Get the ball on the ground and run at big centre backs, exploit their weaknesses.

I would disagree, keeping the (by PL standards) rag bag collection of journeymen and mediocrities he's had to work with at this level for six seasons, suggests to me he is actually one of the most tactically astute managers in the game. I'm not convinced Pep could have done it.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I would disagree, keeping the (by PL standards) rag bag collection of journeymen and mediocrities he's had to work with at this level for six seasons, suggests to me he is actually one of the most tactically astute managers in the game. I'm not convinced Pep could have done it.
    It's the 70th minute and beyond substitutions that have always puzzled me sinkov. Why take Wood off and put Barnes on?

86th minute, why introduce Vydra and take Brady off or vica versa?

It's the 70th minute and beyond substitutions that have always puzzled me sinkov. Why take Wood off and put Barnes on?

86th minute, why introduce Vydra and take Brady off or vica versa?
    You've got me there BT, like everyone else I wonder WTF is going on, or not going on, at times. But the proof of the pudding is there at the end of every season, and there's a long list of top football managers on bigger budgets than Dyche who couldn't keep their teams in the PL while he has. Maybe he's not so much a tactical genius as a strategic one ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You've got me there BT, like everyone else I wonder WTF is going on, or not going on, at times. But the proof of the pudding is there at the end of every season, and there's a long list of top football managers on bigger budgets than Dyche who couldn't keep their teams in the PL while he has. Maybe he's not so much a tactical genius as a strategic one ?
    A manager who makes it plain to his players and staff exactly what he wants and how he wants them involved in delivering what he wants. He plays to the strengths of his squad and expects them to deliver the goods. Those who step out of line are given short shrift because it is his head that is on the line, even though that is probably not the case at the Turf.
    He is a very proud man and will not accept failure without giving everything a good fight. Add to that, he is in a job that hardly anyone criticising him could even come close to pulling off what he has achieved over the years.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)