+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FAO Griff

FAO Griff

I like posting on this board depite my concerns about the degree of moderation. So I will start again. and hope to help you present a realistic option to t'other board. At a minimum we may be able to improve the content of the other board - there is nothing like competition.

The rantings of Tim on the other board reflect the man but I still would not have banned him - if we were all to react to nonsense that invades our personal eperiences we would be in a sorry state. The secret is not to engage him.

As for Yoonited I simply could not understand the why.

Barry is a special case and what you see is what you get. I prefer to know his views rather than ignore or censure them as that is the only way we may understand where people who share his political point of view come from. At the same time I would not engage him in debate on this message board. However, I do enjoy his insights into football. A few years ago I spend a number of hours in his company and I think the outcome was mututal respect. So hopefully his ban can be reversed.

Cayambe - thank you for your honesty, your help and your feedback.

I’ll go through the three.

Piglet crossed a boundary that I didn’t know I had. I’ve personal experience of a child abuser at my son’s junior rugby club - luckily no harm done - and that makes you think. I realised that as a man ***ually molesting children is the worst thing that you can do but, because of that, it’s the also worst accusation that you can make about a person. Piglet’s second mistake was assuming that he could say what he liked and hurl insults and I’d just sort it out for him the next day. His defence seems to be “he started it” which is ridiculous as he went well beyond anything the other party said. He’s gone and won’t be coming back.

You’re right about yoonited and I’ve apologised to him on the other board. I tried the next day to unban him but couldn’t get it below 7 days. He’s welcome back for good or ill; his decision.

Barry got involved in an argument. I didn’t ban him, nor did the other party in the argument. Both sides simply metaphorically walked away which is the way it should have ended. Unfortunately someone else made an accusation of libel about something that was said about yet another person and it went on from there. I’m running out of hope that I’ll be made aware of who made the complaint but it led to Barry being banned by a Digital Sports Group staff member and the thread was removed. I don’t have the power to reverse that.

If you or any other person has more questions or issues to raise I’ll be as honest as I can about what went on.

Thanks again, even if the answers aren’t what you hoped for.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Cayambe - thank you for your honesty, your help and your feedback.

I’ll go through the three.

Piglet crossed a boundary that I didn’t know I had. I’ve personal experience of a child abuser at my son’s junior rugby club - luckily no harm done - and that makes you think. I realised that as a man ***ually molesting children is the worst thing that you can do but, because of that, it’s the also worst accusation that you can make about a person. Piglet’s second mistake was assuming that he could say what he liked and hurl insults and I’d just sort it out for him the next day. His defence seems to be “he started it” which is ridiculous as he went well beyond anything the other party said. He’s gone and won’t be coming back.

You’re right about yoonited and I’ve apologised to him on the other board. I tried the next day to unban him but couldn’t get it below 7 days. He’s welcome back for good or ill; his decision.

Barry got involved in an argument. I didn’t ban him, nor did the other party in the argument. Both sides simply metaphorically walked away which is the way it should have ended. Unfortunately someone else made an accusation of libel about something that was said about yet another person and it went on from there. I’m running out of hope that I’ll be made aware of who made the complaint but it led to Barry being banned by a Digital Sports Group staff member and the thread was removed. I don’t have the power to reverse that.

If you or any other person has more questions or issues to raise I’ll be as honest as I can about what went on.

Thanks again, even if the answers aren’t what you hoped for.
    Can't see your pal Kes accepting that perfectly reasonable explanation, he/she/it will be on soon to call you a liar, and want a full and detailed explanation that you are not the perpetrator, but have lied through your back teeth.

Who gives a **** what Kel thinks?

Quote Originally Posted by cayambe View Post
    He said kes you absolute dimwit

Quote Originally Posted by kel_ View Post
    He said kes you absolute dimwit
    True ... apologies ... I guess as a moderator you may want to consider your style. Up to you.

I think that is what is known as a Freudian slip Cayambe!

True ... apologies ... I guess as a moderator you may want to consider your style. Up to you.
    Correct. Up to me.

Quote Originally Posted by howoldboy View Post
    I think that is what is known as a Freudian slip Cayambe!

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Unfortunately someone else made an accusation of libel about something that was said about yet another person and it went on from there. I’m running out of hope that I’ll be made aware of who made the complaint but it led to Barry being banned by a Digital Sports Group staff member and the thread was removed. I don’t have the power to reverse that.

DSG Terms and Conditions state that;

"You may not post, link to or otherwise publish any Messages that are unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, indecent, infringe copyright or other rights of third parties or which contain any other form of illegal content".

"Footymad accepts no liability whatsoever if it determines to prevent your Messages from being submitted or if it edits, restricts or removes your Messages"

As such it is not surprising that, if an accusation of libel has been made, DSG has deleted the thread.

However the ban is a different matter.

Bearing in mind their Terms and Conditions prohibit "threatening", "abusive" and "libellous" content, it seems inconsistent to have only banned one poster in reaction to that thread.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)