+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wycombe In Red - or How we are perceived in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    I read many posts and agree with them, this is where I wish we had a 'like' button to simply show agreement, otherwise people generally only comment when they have an issue. That is fair enough but it distorts how many of us probably agree on many topics in reality.
    We used to have one in the 'good old days' but it went away when FootyMad changed the forum platform they use

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Fair points. All of them. Regarding “falling over” I was baffled by the melee in the first few minutes as it was on opposite side of ground and hard too see clearly, but after seeing it back, it looks a lot like Olly “went over” rather easily with the Wycombe player barely touching him. Footage was hardly conclusive though and I wonder what it looked like from the East Stand?

Looked hilarious from the West Stand

My only real problem with Wycombe was the amount of time they took to take throw ins and goal kicks from the very first minute, coupled with the the going down 2nd half at every contact and supposedly needing treatment. As far as the Holding fouling and blocking goes, we are extremely good at that ourselves, and did plenty of it on tuesday, but looking at the Wycombe forum, they thought the referee was decent, whereas we, or certainly I personally, thought he was the worst one we have had for a long time, and usually both sets of supporters think the ref was rubbish, so that tells it's own story in my eyes.
    Even allowing for all that, Wycombe are a good side, and I'm sure a few championship teams were relieved when both us and them were relegated last season, however a good point for both teams and we move on to MK. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    My only real problem with Wycombe was the amount of time they took to take throw ins and goal kicks from the very first minute, coupled with the the going down 2nd half at every contact and supposedly needing treatment. As far as the Holding fouling and blocking goes, we are extremely good at that ourselves, and did plenty of it on tuesday, but looking at the Wycombe forum, they thought the referee was decent, whereas we, or certainly I personally, thought he was the worst one we have had for a long time, and usually both sets of supporters think the ref was rubbish, so that tells it's own story in my eyes.
    Even allowing for all that, Wycombe are a good side, and I'm sure a few championship teams were relieved when both us and them were relegated last season, however a good point for both teams and we move on to MK. UTM
    It’s not time wasting really, it’s nullifying our style of play. Break up the game, don’t allow Rotherham to build up momentum

That’s when good delivery from set pieces becomes doubly important. A means to score when teams are breaking up the game.

Sadly overall our delivery from set pieces was sadly lacking on Tuesday night.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    We used to have one in the 'good old days' but it went away when FootyMad changed the forum platform they use
    Funny how you can presumably 'upgrade' to a new platform yet lose basic functions. Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Funny how you can presumably 'upgrade' to a new platform yet lose basic functions. Ah well.
    Just like being a pensioner

Like i said on another thread, their manager said the plan was not to lose, by hook or by crook. Take that statement as you want.

Yes, Wycombe are masters of the dark arts of football. But don't forget that ALL footballers are probably the worse at sportsmanship, Snooker and Golf are prime examples of honesty. Could or would football survive in their world of honesty???

You,as a player, can take the knee, cross their chests has they come on the pitch, point to the sky and say 20 hail mary's if they want, but as soon as you cross the white line YOU WILL CHEAT/CON THE REF, anything if it helps your team, because now its made in to "win at all costs". A cheat is a cheat, but is there different levels? I certainly saw a "good" team at it Tuesday night. ....

We wait with baited breathe until we benefit from a "dodgy" decision,........... i hope its at MKdons................

I suspect it won’t be the only time we see that tactic against us this season

We need to have a plan to defeat it

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I suspect it won’t be the only time we see that tactic against us this season

We need to have a plan to defeat it
    I mentioned a couple of months ago that this "stop the game for head injury" is an invite to do exactly what Wycombe did.

In fairness many of us cheat when we appeal for corners and throw ins even when we know they aren't ours.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast