+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic Commentary.

Classic Commentary.

Just thinking about moments of commentary that stick in the memory there are three Millers related ones that make me smile when I think of them.

For sheer exuberance there was Gerry Somertons “Alan Lee! Alan Lee!” Etc on radio Sheff when we went up in 2001 v Brentford (remember when we were consistently better than them?

In a similar vein there was the Sky commentary at Wembley that I still have preserved on a T shirt when Revell shinned it from the halfway line.

But in a very different way there was Brecks last season (v Stoke?) when, with the ref moving our defensive wall further towards the south stand, he came out with the classic “where’s he taking them, Meadowhall? PMSL.

Keeping it Millers focused would be too limiting, but what other commentary classics can you remember?

I think Ronnie/Brecks when Ladapo scored the 98th minute winner at Hillsborough last season was memorable

Not football related but cricket 🙄🙄🙄the bowlers holding the batsman’s willy ........still cracks me up

Quote Originally Posted by villamiller View Post
    Not football related but cricket ������the bowlers holding the batsman’s willy ........still cracks me up
    Never happened! I was just looking for it to be surprised to find out it's an urban myth

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Never happened! I was just looking for it to be surprised to find out it's an urban myth
    That’s pissed me off .... I always thought it was real 🙄🙄

Beaufighter. Wasn’t it Brian Chappell with the famous Alan Lee Alan Lee commentary?

One for Brin

"That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind."

For me it’s got to be Kenneth Wolstenholme in 1966 with his infamous “ There’s some of the people on the pitch. They think it’s all over. It is now”

Breck's at the pigsty," Go on son, make a name for yersen".................Freddie.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast