+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T booster jabs.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    That's a good point.

But I think when we look at it in the future we'll see that more lives will have been lost in lockdown than were saved, they also need to compare ages and health profiles.

Yes that’s probably true, but one death that was avoided was the death of the NHS

We still have to settle that bill but the patient didn’t die

Lockdown “flattened the curve” and bought time

The NHS should have been reformed along European/ Australian lines long ago IMO.

The NHS should have been reformed along European/ Australian lines long ago IMO.
    I don’t think there is a perfect model, but one thing I do know is that any system that has more people taking out of it than there are people paying into it is doomed to failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I don’t think there is a perfect model, but one thing I do know is that any system that has more people taking out of it than there are people paying into it is doomed to failure.
    Free at the point of delivery means you'll never be able to meet demand.

French system where you pay and then claim the money back would deal with that.
    Last edited by great_fire; 13-01-2022 at 11:13 PM.

That's a good point.

But I think when we look at it in the future we'll see that more lives will have been lost in lockdown than were saved, they also need to compare ages and health profiles.
    I'd like to see the data showing where "more lives will have been lost in lockdown than were saved". That's basically saying less people would have died of Covid if we'd simply gone about 'business as normal' in the 9-12 months prior to the vaccine being widely available.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I'd like to see the data showing where "more lives will have been lost in lockdown than were saved". That's basically saying less people would have died of Covid if we'd simply gone about 'business as normal' in the 9-12 months prior to the vaccine being widely available.
    That was just a guess, but we'll find out hopefully, when we have the inquiry.

Lord Frost has said; “I think, honestly, people are going to look back at the last couple of years globally and see lockdown as a pretty serious public policy mistake,” he said.

“I would like to see the Government ruling out lockdowns for the future; repealing the legislation; ending them. We can’t afford it [and] it doesn’t work. Stop doing Covid theatre – vaccine passports, masks, stuff that doesn’t work – and focus on stuff that does work so that we’re ready if the next one is worse."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...ernment-needs/

Looking to pass a law here n Washington State to classify the use of a fake vaccine card to gain entry into sporting events, bars, restaurants etc. as fraud. It would carry a fine up to $10K and up to 5 years in prison. A big price to pay for a swift pint!

Maybe they should do something similar to deter illegal guns. Just 23 days into the year and already over 1,100 homicides by gun across the US as it's basically becoming its own pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Looking to pass a law here n Washington State to classify the use of a fake vaccine card to gain entry into sporting events, bars, restaurants etc. as fraud. It would carry a fine up to $10K and up to 5 years in prison. A big price to pay for a swift pint!

Maybe they should do something similar to deter illegal guns. Just 23 days into the year and already over 1,100 homicides by gun across the US as it's basically becoming its own pandemic.
    The top ten richest people in the world have nearly doubled their wealth during covid, lockdown has been the best thing for them. I think people are gradually waking up to the fact the lockdowns, masks and floor tape haven't worked.

We have to do two things to get ourselves out of this. Firstly, stop the fear mongering and have a more balanced media who call out Whitty's mob at press conferences rather than begging for more sanctions. Secondly, cut every employed persons income to match the hardship of those who have been hit hardest at this point everyone will be on the same page

Some business's are cutting sick pay (by half?) for unvaccinated

NYS still doing the jabs so get down

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    I think people are gradually waking up to the fact the lockdowns, masks and floor tape haven't worked.
    I agree floor tape has probably had little effect, but it's madness to suggest lockdowns and masks haven't worked.

For pretty much every country in the world you see a shift from exponential growth to a sharp drop as soon as lockdowns are introduced, and numerous studies have shown the effectiveness of mask-wearing.

They bought us time to develop and administer the vaccine, which again, the effectiveness at reducing hospitalisation and death is clearly visible with a look at the data.

On deaths, the suicide rate for the UK is 11.2 deaths per 100,000. Studies from the first lockdown does not show a rise in rate.

Covid deaths are at 2,233 per 100,000 so even if the suicide rate quadrupled it wouldn't even put a dent in the covid figures.

Loss of quality of life is a different argument where a more reasonable case can be made.

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast