+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Southampton v Burnley Match Preview

Southampton v Burnley Match Preview

Although I was born in Hampshire and lived there until 1970 just a thirty minute train ride from Southampton I never visited the Dell and I have made just one solitary trip to St Mary’s. I had to trawl through my old ticket stubs to discover this was in January 2007 and it resulted in a 0-0 draw. How did I forget that? Southampton who have recently celebrated twenty years at St Mary’s picked up their first PL win of the season against a disappointing Leeds last weekend and will be looking for back to back home wins. The Clarets are yet to win in the League this season but an improved display against Manchester City lacked only a goal for their efforts.

It will be interesting to see what formation Sean Dyche chooses to employ for this match. Burnley have options to play 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 as well as their tried and trusted 4-4-2. Mee, Vydra and Taylor should all be available after missing the Manchester City game but in a three game week that sees the Clarets also playing Spurs and Brentford at Turf Moor I expect to see some rotation. Nathan Collins will be very unlucky to drop out after an excellent display at the Etihad and both Connor Roberts and Maxwel Cornet could both start against the Saints.

For Southampton a fit again Che Adams could come back into the Saints attack in place of Armando Broja who scored the only goal of the match as Southampton beat Leeds. James Ward-Prowse is still suspended after his red card against Chelsea. Danny Ings-who scored both home and away against the Clarets last season-will no longer be around to spoil Burnley’s day having joined Aston Villa in the summer for a reported 25 million. He is now filed under Ings, Mings and other things.

This could very well be a tight scrappy game. The match referee is Chris Kavanagh with David Coote on VAR. COYC! You know we are desperate for a win.

1-2 to us mate.

"He is now filed under Ings, Mings and other things."

Well, I shall be there tomorrow with my son and the youngest of my three daughters. She's just turned 18 and is looking forward to drinking something stronger that Coca Cola this time. She has been to three EPL away games before and we've won the lot! Praying for more of the same at St Mary's. Blow your cornet Maxwel!

saints have a decent defence - and Broja has height and strength, one to watch.....for us, a Cornet hattrick.

Quote Originally Posted by warminsterclaret View Post
    Well, I shall be there tomorrow with my son and the youngest of my three daughters. She's just turned 18 and is looking forward to drinking something stronger that Coca Cola this time. She has been to three EPL away games before and we've won the lot! Praying for more of the same at St Mary's. Blow your cornet Maxwel!
    Good luck today Warminster, hope your daughter gets proper pi$$ed celebrating a well needed away win!

My mate always needs some Ale to watch the Clarets, he reckons City is the worst, that's a six pinter.

Burnley team

1Pope
    2Lowton
    5Tarkowski
    22Collins
    3Taylor
    8Brownhill
    4Cork
    18Westwood
    11McNeil
    20Cornet
    9Wood

Substitutes

7Gudmundsson
    10Barnes
    13Hennessey
    17Lennon
    19Rodriguez
    23Pieters
    26Bardsley
    27Vydra
    28Long

Referee:
    Chris Kavanagh

Southampton team

1McCarthy
    21Livramento
    35Bednarek
    22Salisu
    15Perraud
    6Romeu
    32Walcott
    27Diallo
    24Elyounoussi
    11Redmond
    18Broja

Substitutes

2Walker-Peters
    4Silveira Neves Vojnovic
    9A Armstrong
    10Adams
    17S Armstrong
    19Djenepo
    23Tella
    43Valery
    44Forster

We are off, dressed in all black

Good tackle by Taylor foiling the danger from Walcott

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)