+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No idea

No idea

Subjected myself to that tonight and I have to say we are absolutely clueless ,
    We have Cork who’s legs have gone , his brain is good but the rest is flagging
    JBG who as I’ve posted previously can’t kick with his right foot , won’t cross with his left either now , he’s two lightweight- in fact he’s pointless
    Brownhill tried very hard tonight but we got overrun centrally.
    The manager doesn’t change anything ever even though it’s so apparent what’s happening or not as the case may be.
    We kicked high ball for Vydra against three defenders and expected him to deal with that ,
    Rodriguez- his legs have gone aswell at this level.

For the Pope doubters he saved us tonight

Robert’s had a decent debut I thought but gets frustrated at not many offers to work with him.

thanks for the post match analysis - Army....I would've watched but was busy repairing my egg timer.

Just three words needed: Not Good Enough.

Norder : Did you have enough time to fix it? It seems it took you a long time, in fact more that 100 mins? Even then it is not sure that you fixed it ? A little tricky these things as time only moves forwards. I hope you did not try to take time backwards, in order to test it? Then you can not take it forwards ,as that moment does not exist yet, but it will come. ''Playing around with time means playing around with God ! Oh vey''!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Just three words needed: Not Good Enough.
    I’m not sure BT , when we upped the tempo and actually looked like we were interested in competing ( introduction of players ) for 10 mins or so we looked like a football team. ( the rest of it was dross ).

There are many on here who comment on Vydra saying not good enough - Brownhill not good enough but I actually think they would be better than ok if we played in a formation and style to their strengths ( Vydra must wander what’s wrong with us ) knocking 70 yard balls for him to head ( not Jay rod him) against 3 centre backs or 2 and a full back with no support - we can’t even play it in channels where he is effective.
    Brownhill gave everything every ounce he had yesterday and looks to me like he wants to get to the front players to support but he’s playing centrally with Cork ( yesterday ) and or Westwood who are stuck
    In such a rigid formation they dare not commit to the oppositions final third for fear of losing possession and not having the legs to get back ( the reason opposition teams are straight at our back 4 and we concede more goals ).

I’m going to say like I did before Dyche may be the messiah for 10 years but I think it’s run it’s course , either he can’t or won’t play any differently and that stubbornness will be our downfall .

For me yesterday ( if we don’t give a monkeys about the cup ) , to play some younger lads and blood them , let them feel what it’s like and see if any could start making cameo s for the first team , I’d rather have done that and lost by more if there was purpose to it.

Finally I’ll say we sold Benson to Barnsley and Dunn to QPR and from what I saw of them I can’t for the life of me think why - Benson or Cork - Benson quicker - can pick a pass - aggressive- competitive .
    Dunn a decent centre back who could have played in that team ( I appreciate we’ve bought Collins - who looks a good buy tbh) .

We are like a pub team playing a counties team
    The opposition come and understand ( importantly ) movement they are passing and moving into spaces , we are slow and laboured in approach, they have the ability to change formation and react to change things - we do not .

As you can probably tell I wasn’t happy yesterday with what I saw as a kick about where neither team were really bothered ( us slightly less than them ).
    I really can’t see the point in entering the cups if this is the attitude, I never played a game in my life where I didn’t want to win it for me and the team , but when 16000 people ( guess ) come to watch and I’m served up that I think what is the point.
    Last point we are so so so short of a leader on the pitch , there isn’t one , were the nicest of nicest football teams there ever was and you don’t win anything ( games even ) when you just all together too Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I’m not sure BT , when we upped the tempo and actually looked like we were interested in competing ( introduction of players ) for 10 mins or so we looked like a football team. ( the rest of it was dross ).

There are many on here who comment on Vydra saying not good enough - Brownhill not good enough but I actually think they would be better than ok if we played in a formation and style to their strengths ( Vydra must wander what’s wrong with us ) knocking 70 yard balls for him to head ( not Jay rod him) against 3 centre backs or 2 and a full back with no support - we can’t even play it in channels where he is effective.
    Brownhill gave everything every ounce he had yesterday and looks to me like he wants to get to the front players to support but he’s playing centrally with Cork ( yesterday ) and or Westwood who are stuck
    In such a rigid formation they dare not commit to the oppositions final third for fear of losing possession and not having the legs to get back ( the reason opposition teams are straight at our back 4 and we concede more goals ).

I’m going to say like I did before Dyche may be the messiah for 10 years but I think it’s run it’s course , either he can’t or won’t play any differently and that stubbornness will be our downfall .

For me yesterday ( if we don’t give a monkeys about the cup ) , to play some younger lads and blood them , let them feel what it’s like and see if any could start making cameo s for the first team , I’d rather have done that and lost by more if there was purpose to it.

Finally I’ll say we sold Benson to Barnsley and Dunn to QPR and from what I saw of them I can’t for the life of me think why - Benson or Cork - Benson quicker - can pick a pass - aggressive- competitive .
    Dunn a decent centre back who could have played in that team ( I appreciate we’ve bought Collins - who looks a good buy tbh) .

We are like a pub team playing a counties team
    The opposition come and understand ( importantly ) movement they are passing and moving into spaces , we are slow and laboured in approach, they have the ability to change formation and react to change things - we do not .

As you can probably tell I wasn’t happy yesterday with what I saw as a kick about where neither team were really bothered ( us slightly less than them ).
    I really can’t see the point in entering the cups if this is the attitude, I never played a game in my life where I didn’t want to win it for me and the team , but when 16000 people ( guess ) come to watch and I’m served up that I think what is the point.
    Last point we are so so so short of a leader on the pitch , there isn’t one , were the nicest of nicest football teams there ever was and you don’t win anything ( games even ) when you just all together too Nice.
    Like I said army88: Not Good Enough.

JBG, McNeil, Brownhill, Westwood, Cork and Vydra have not got a goal in them.

Nine league games gone and not one goal from midfield, Rodriguez, Wood and Barnes all firing blanks, Vydra is an enigma to me, he has all the skill set and technical attributes but he cannot take those half chances.

Relegation will come early for us this season and hopefully Pace and Co will have six months to get us equipped for a swift return to the EPL.

The triple acquisitions of Cornet, Roberts and Collins suggest they will.

I'm not disputing your analysis Army, but Sean did change things last night, he took off Jay and Vydra and brought on Wood and Barnes, they both failed to hold the ball up the next two times it was played up to them, and the Spurs goal came from Wood, I think it was, losing the ball. Spurs went in front within minutes of the substitutions, who knows, maybe we'd have been better off not making them, you can always make things worse.

We can analyse it to death, and you do that well and intelligently, but it all comes back down to a lack of investment in the squad over the last 2/3 years, we could all see it coming on here, it's been said on numerous occasions by all of us, this lack of investment will catch up with us one day. Now it has.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

thanks for the post match analysis - Army....I would've watched but was busy repairing my egg timer.

Are the sands of time running out for Burnley Norder?

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Are the sands of time running out for Burnley Norder?
    "Relegation will come early for us this season and hopefully Pace and Co will have six months to get us equipped for a swift return to the EPL.

The triple acquisitions of Cornet, Roberts and Collins suggest they will."

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I'm not disputing your analysis Army, but Sean did change things last night, he took off Jay and Vydra and brought on Wood and Barnes, they both failed to hold the ball up the next two times it was played up to them, and the Spurs goal came from Wood, I think it was, losing the ball. Spurs went in front within minutes of the substitutions, who knows, maybe we'd have been better off not making them, you can always make things worse.

We can analyse it to death, and you do that well and intelligently, but it all comes back down to a lack of investment in the squad over the last 2/3 years, we could all see it coming on here, it's been said on numerous occasions by all of us, this lack of investment will catch up with us one day. Now it has.
    Dyche doing the same thing over and over again with his favoured group of players and expecting a different result is not helping either mon ami.

Keep musing on whether to replace Rodriguez with Barnes must take one hell of a lot of thought...

Attachment 20224

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)