Although I was born in Hampshire and lived there until 1970 just a thirty minute train ride from Southampton I never visited the Dell and I have made just one solitary trip to St Mary’s. I had to trawl through my old ticket stubs to discover this was in January 2007 and it resulted in a 0-0 draw. How did I forget that? Southampton who have recently celebrated twenty years at St Mary’s picked up their first PL win of the season against a disappointing Leeds last weekend and will be looking for back to back home wins. The Clarets are yet to win in the League this season but an improved display against Manchester City lacked only a goal for their efforts.

It will be interesting to see what formation Sean Dyche chooses to employ for this match. Burnley have options to play 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 as well as their tried and trusted 4-4-2. Mee, Vydra and Taylor should all be available after missing the Manchester City game but in a three game week that sees the Clarets also playing Spurs and Brentford at Turf Moor I expect to see some rotation. Nathan Collins will be very unlucky to drop out after an excellent display at the Etihad and both Connor Roberts and Maxwel Cornet could both start against the Saints.

For Southampton a fit again Che Adams could come back into the Saints attack in place of Armando Broja who scored the only goal of the match as Southampton beat Leeds. James Ward-Prowse is still suspended after his red card against Chelsea. Danny Ings-who scored both home and away against the Clarets last season-will no longer be around to spoil Burnley’s day having joined Aston Villa in the summer for a reported 25 million. He is now filed under Ings, Mings and other things.

This could very well be a tight scrappy game. The match referee is Chris Kavanagh with David Coote on VAR. COYC! You know we are desperate for a win.