+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Team v Stockport

Even though it's only the usual 3 points up for grabs, this seems a big game. It will hopefully give us an indication that we are genuine promotion contenders rather than just a team aiming for a playoff place.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Can't see much wrong with that.
    I'd put Vincent with Palmer and Francis on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    I'd put Vincent with Palmer and Francis on the bench
    So who would you play in midfield if they are all on the bench? 😁

I like the look of all the suggested teams on the thread which is a little unnerving.

Certainly plenty of options and decisions to make for IB with an almost fully fit squad.

Big game, big crowd and with the two clubs respective league positions at present hugely important.

COYP

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I like the look of all the suggested teams on the thread which is a little unnerving.

Certainly plenty of options and decisions to make for IB with an almost fully fit squad.

Big game, big crowd and with the two clubs respective league positions at present hugely important.

COYP
    What is your suggested team? I feel I am not even close to qualified to suggest one as I do not go to the games of course. I agree plenty of conundrums for IB. Please all of you give them a cheer for me. I am staying up to listen on BBC. COYP.

Same here QLD as sadly this season I'm basing any suggestions predominantly on what I read and hear from trusted sources due to lack games watched.

If all fit I like 3 at the back as I think it's a waste to have one of Rawlinson, Lacey or Cameron not playing cos they are all top performers at this level.

Big fan of 'The Rùben' and Big Kyle so they play every time for me. Not surprised to hear that one of main issues is the wide areas/wing backs and selection there probably depends on the opposition. As does central midfield (Palmer +2) and just how attacking we go 3-4-3 Vs 3-5-2.

IB knows his stuff and I trust him for any team selection/tactical decisions.

Tough game today obviously, should be a good one and jealous of anyone in attendance at the San Sirrel.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Same here QLD as sadly this season I'm basing any suggestions predominantly on what I read and hear from trusted sources due to lack games watched.

If all fit I like 3 at the back as I think it's a waste to have one of Rawlinson, Lacey or Cameron not playing cos they are all top performers at this level.

Big fan of 'The Rùben' and Big Kyle so they play every time for me. Not surprised to hear that one of main issues is the wide areas/wing backs and selection there probably depends on the opposition. As does central midfield (Palmer +2) and just how attacking we go 3-4-3 Vs 3-5-2.

IB knows his stuff and I trust him for any team selection/tactical decisions.

Tough game today obviously, should be a good one and jealous of anyone in attendance at the San Sirrel.
    Furry Muff laddo'. Won't be many goals in the game today I feel. Do Stockport have this mega bucks signing playing for them? Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    Stockport have signed Bolton captain Antoni Sarcevic and say he's available to play tomorrow.

Sarcevic has played every league match this season for a Bolton team 4 points off the play offs in League 1.

Someone's (Stockport/Chesterfield/Wrexham) going bust in this league in the next 2 years........
    All of those clubs are gambling and there is no possibility all three will go up this season. Plus other clubs including us might have something to say about who goes up this season. So far only Chesterfield are in front of us points wise with 4 points more. Although Stockport and Wrexham are behind us in the table they have games in hand so both could surpass us. The point is neither of those three are tearing the league apart as of yet.

Let this serve us as a reminder of how perilously close we have been to the brink and whilst it might seem frustrating that we are in season three at this level we are going to have to be patient and cease the opportunity to capitalise where others who may have spent more than us falter or fail.

Regardless of the team chosen today we need some sort of result today, can’t say I’m confident really depends on the mentality that turns up today within the team chosen.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123