+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ot - Attention, Acido

The internet in whatever form, in this case a football message board, can be a cruel place Filey. People who don't know each other post things not being able to see the reactions of the poster it is directed at.

Sadly some do not appreciate that what they think are flippant/ humorous posts about others may have a deep effect on them and cause distress.

May I suggest that you stay on the board but put whoever causes you upset on "Ignore" by doing the following--

1 Click on "Settings" in top red band where your name appears
    2 look down left side and click on "Edit Ignore List"
    3 Follow instructions to Ignore ie not be able to read, any posters you type in the name of

Its easy for me to say Filey, but Id ask if you can just ignore him from now on if your always going to have a difference of opinion ?.
    I think ESR also summed it up well yesterday by asking that you just carry on posting on here, and forget about him as we will do our best to ask him to stop it now with the personal and private digs aimed at you.
    And theres no way he can get you banned on here, because like I said I don't remember you ever losing it on here and swearing or getting aggressive with anybody. So no worries there ehh.

Quote Originally Posted by Fileytyke View Post
    Sorry to trouble you but you know that I have been accused by Nudger of using foul language to him but he didn’t know that I am one of the ex miners who doesn’t use “pit language” as my Victorian grandmother used to call it and it should be left at the pit and not brought home.This rule about foul language carried on through the family into the present day.I never heard my old Dad swear,my sons have never heard me swear and I have never heard my sons and grandchildren swear.I know it maybe old fashioned but that is how my family are.So you can see there is no way I could be guilty of using such language as some of the older members will know.He is trying to get me banded from this site,that is why I offered him £100 to prove his allegation against me and to any other member who could prove his alligation against me.Of course there have been no takers and never will be.You know that Nudger was kick off the other site for what he did and there have been quite a few members coming on here warning what he was like but as far as I am aware there has been no support on his side only comments from Nudger himself saying how badly he was treated.
    Now comes the more serious part,over the past few weeks I have been “Trolled” or whatever it is called in internet term by Nudger to the extent that it is threatening my health.He has posted some very bad things on here about me but also he posts little things like “You were born in Doncaster so you should support Doncaster not Barnsley and othe snide remarks that you may feel are trivial but he knows they get to me.I have offered to stop posting hoping he would stop but he keeps on going to the point where I don’t know what he is going to do next and I lay awake in my bed wondering what is going to happen next.This is causing me to have many sleepless nights which is affecting my heath.he knows what he is doing because he no doubt did the same thing on the other site as the people that complained from the other site will confirm.It’s easy for you to say ignore him but it’s not you that is left wide awake during the night wondering what he is going to do next.As you know I have never been in any trouble on this site and my membership goes back over 20 years I think.It has got to the point I can no longer carry on being a member long side Nudger.If you want me to resign I will do that but you will have to help me to take all my personnel information off the site otherwise I will be open to further abuse from Nudger.I would appreciate an answer one way or the other but I can’t carry on the way things are.
    Hi Filey
    No need to resign or anything, do what you need to do for your own health and well-being. Be that put Nudger on ignore , take a break or hopefully just carry on posting. You’re always welcome on here and everyone loves to here your stories from the past and present.

I genuinely don’t think Nudger is trying to get you banned and that’s not going to happen anyway is it and I don’t think he has any problem with you, I think there is a lot of crossed wires and misunderstanding about who is talking about who.

Like I said yesterday let’s all move on now, concentrate on keeping healthy, nobody will be allowed to troll anyone and nobody should be getting upset about things written on here.

Stay safe and well Filey and keep on posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Its easy for me to say Filey, but Id ask if you can just ignore him from now on if your always going to have a difference of opinion ?.
    I think ESR also summed it up well yesterday by asking that you just carry on posting on here, and forget about him as we will do our best to ask him to stop it now with the personal and private digs aimed at you.
    And theres no way he can get you banned on here, because like I said I don't remember you ever losing it on here and swearing or getting aggressive with anybody. So no worries there ehh.
    As you said it’s easy for you but it’s me on the firing line and it’s me losing sleep every night and I have got the return to Filey to live on the 20th November.To be honest I wonder how he was allowed onto this site in the first place with his record of being banned from the other site.The next 4 weeks are going to be a nightmare wondering what he is going to do next.And the complaint he made about me using foul language against him is still on record.Most people on here know I never use such language and never have,but the accusation is still on line for everyone to see so what happens to that? Please keep him off my back before I go mad.Thank you for your kindness and thank SB for me for his kind help which is what I will need to get through the next 4 weeks

Hey theres no need to thank me Filey, but thats very nice of you to do so, I do appreciate that.
    And Im sure uncle SB will be delighted at your kind comments to him as well, I bet as we speak hes watching double omnibus episodes of Emmerdingle farm on his beta max video player lol.

I think and hope that Nudger knows the score now and hopefully he won't be bothering you again like that. I'll be disappointed if he does though, put it that way!.

Just to let my friends on here I may be down but I am not yet out.And to prove I still have a sense of humour here is a little story I heard recently.
    There were three Irishmen went into a pub,Mick,Pat and Tat,the landlord said “I understand that you three are brothers”Mick said yes not only brothers but triplets.then the landlord said if you are triplets then why are you and Pat over 6 feet tall and Tat is only 4 feet tall? well said Mick me and Pat were breastfed but there was no Tit for Tat.

Ahh you should be banned now for posting the word t*it.

By the way later that day a horse walked into that same pub and the same landlord said "Aww are you fed up Bob", and the horse replied "Err no, what makes you ask that". And the landlord said "Well, why the long face ?".

Or what about the bloke who also walked into a bar and got concussion, because it was an iron bar and not a public bar. That one isn't as funny is it lol.

What's one of the most popular dogs names?.......Comehere !!

Al get me coit on

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123