+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Interview with Andy Giddings

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Oh Dear, Oh Dear !!!

Firstly - great interview by Andy Giddings.
    And it’s also worth saying a thank you to Khaled for putting himself forward in such difficult times.
    We have had CEOs at the club that rarely went near a microphone - especially during rough times.

However …….. there were TWO MAJOR confessions during the interview.

1)
    It’s been suspected for a while that it was the owners that ditched the successful vertical football.
    The style that nearly got us into the Premier.
    And we have heard it first hand now.
    The owners have put the value of individual players BEFORE the success of the club.
    That is to say - the owners would rather receive a drip drip drip of say £10 million for such players as Styles - than go forward to receive £100 +++ million for reaching the Premier.
    WOW !!!
    I’m shocked by that statement.
    And it very much reveals why the club didn’t guarantee that there were sufficient number of players that can play the target striker role.

2)
    If the owners refuse to spend any of their own money to recruit players - to prime the pump to move the club forward - then what’s the point of having wealthy owners !?!?!
    I agree that the owners should manage the club so it makes money for the owners - but that money should be generated by a combination of investment from money generated by the club itself - but ALSO money invested by the owners.

This interview is a recipe for RELEGATION.

When the facts change I change my mind.
    Can’t believe it took you so long to see the light !

Just been having a conversation at home about the interview.
    And the conclusion is that the club is now just a SHOWCASE of players.
    Yes - the owners may sell a few £5 to £10 million players in the next few seasons that will be reinvested buying other players.
    But how long is that process going to take before we are perceived to be successful ???

This interview happened today.
    If it happened last week before I went to move my seat from the West Stand then I’m afraid I would no longer be a season ticket holder.
    I appreciate Khaleds honesty - because all along that’s what he said he would do - but I’m disgusted in what he had to say.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Can’t believe it took you so long to see the light !
    As I said - when the facts change I change my mind.
    It’s ok throwing messages on here that are not based on any modicum of fact and belong on fantasy island.
    Anyone can do that - and haven’t we witnessed a shed load of that shi.te over the last few months.
    It’s an entirely different case when the club actually present the facts.

It’s definitely deflating.

Its an absolute disgrace but what did we expect ehh, I think we've all known this for a long time now. Even though they are billionaires, money still seems to be the issue here and its a case of profit before ambition.
    Ive long since thought it and I asked the question again recently, would they care if we were a lower league club, as long as they kept on making profit on our player sales. Although would they even stay around that long if we did drop to Lg Two for example ?.
    Last edited by Acido; 22-10-2021 at 08:55 PM.

They are a bunch of cnuts and we have known it for ages! I've said it before and I'll stick by it, they are HAPPY if we get relegated, Why? Because they will stick with the crap Championship players who will do well in League One and get us back up, the players stock value then goes up and they sell whilst it is high to make a profit!
    They then replace the players with more crap and we go down again but with players who now have Championship experience which is too good for League One! Repeat, Repeat, Repeat........during promotion campaigns from League One supporters come back to line their pockets, it's all win, win for Conway and Co.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    They are a bunch of cnuts and we have known it for ages! I've said it before and I'll stick by it, they are HAPPY if we get relegated, Why? Because they will stick with the crap Championship players who will do well in League One and get us back up, the players stock value then goes up and they sell whilst it is high to make a profit!
    They then replace the players with more crap and we go down again but with players who now have Championship experience which is too good for League One! Repeat, Repeat, Repeat........during promotion campaigns from League One supporters come back to line their pockets, it's all win, win for Conway and Co.
    Pretty straight forward for me. Leave football people to make football decisions. Owners should keep their beak out of on field play styles

It makes it worse for me knowing how rich they are, just what is their mentality ehh when its all about earning yet more money ?.
    How much is enough with these people, and how much longer are they going to stay here and take us for a ride like this!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Its an absolute disgrace but what did we expect ehh, I think we've all known this for a long time now. Even though they are billionaires, money still seems to be the issue here and its a case of profit before ambition.
    Ive long since thought it and I asked the question again recently, would they care if we were a lower league club, as long as they kept on making profit on our player sales. Although would they even stay around that long if we did drop to Lg Two for example ?.

……….. would they care if we were a lower league club, as long as they kept on making profit

Well …….. you said the same thing a few weeks ago and at the time I thought that’s a daft thing to say - because they would generate more money in a higher league.
    BUT - after listening to the interview - then if there were circumstances that enabled them to produce more profit in a lower league - then I think now they would accept it.

Ambition just went out the window.
    And player showcase just flown in.

So it wasn't such a daft question to ask after all was it, because sadly they have it seems finally shown their true colours!.

I find that unbelievable by the way, that other teams apparently weren't keen on signing any of our star players, because of our unappealing long ball high press style of football.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    So it wasn't such a daft question to ask after all was it, because sadly they have it seems finally shown their true colours!.

I find that unbelievable by the way, that other teams apparently weren't keen on signing any of our star players, because of our unappealing long ball high press style of football.
    The thing is if they actually put their hands in their pockets and bought better quality , don’t they think the performances would improve? Sides played a certain way against us to combat the high press. If you look at the Brentford and Bournemouth away games , that wasn’t a long ball outfit

VI was worthy of that conversation and bigger investment - he’d earned it showing what he could do with what he had. Bearing in mind the same group went 19 games without a win on a couple of dozen games before he came .

Unless I’m missing something, we’re yet to see these owners pay any of there own money (allegedly)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast