+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Interview with Andy Giddings

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    The thing is if they actually put their hands in their pockets and bought better quality , don’t they think the performances would improve? Sides played a certain way against us to combat the high press. If you look at the Brentford and Bournemouth away games , that wasn’t a long ball outfit

VI was worthy of that conversation and bigger investment - he’d earned it showing what he could do with what he had. Bearing in mind the same group went 19 games without a win on a couple of dozen games before he came .

Unless I’m missing something, we’re yet to see these owners pay any of there own money (allegedly)
    the owners said from the very start that the club will have to be self funding and they wasnt going to be putting money into the club.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    the owners said from the very start that the club will have to be self funding and they wasnt going to be putting money into the club.
    That's true .

So where does the self sufficiency sit when they've taken money out of the club to pay the Cryne's an instalment of £750k ? .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    That's true .

So where does the self sufficiency sit when they've taken money out of the club to pay the Cryne's an instalment of £750k ? .
    that i dont agree with

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    that i dont agree with
    Self sufficiency to me means the money the club creates remains within the business .

I'm perfectly happy for them not to fund the club from their own pockets , I have some serious reservations as to how they will ever pull a profit out of the club without doing so but that's something I couldn't give a fuq about because why should I care at the end of the day .

However taking money out of the club's till is a different matter altogether .

They haven't earned the right to take anything out of the club as far as I can see given they haven't even paid for it in full or contributed to the club's funding .

Compound that with their view that last season was a failure because none of our players attracted offers in the summer then it's pretty clear to me how they see this club and the motivation to own it .

A football club trades in league points and cup ties , it's not a retail outfit for young professional football players per se .

To be honest I thought losing out in the play offs last season was always going to be difficult for us to negotiate .

I suspected MARKET FORCES would lead to the squad getting butchered .

Market forces knocking on our door is a completely different thing to deliberately wanting to sell our top talent and complaining when it doesn't happen .

I full expected Brittain , Andersen , Helik and Styles to have had their heads turned and last season's success wanting them to move on and play and be paid by bigger clubs .

Val and Mowatt left as expected .

Conway even complained about no financial advancements for reaching the play offs , not a word about the achievement .

As I say market forces and deliberately wanting the squad butchered are two completely different things .

This club is in massive trouble with these owners .

My question is , when the operating money finally runs dry .

What then ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    # Profit Before Ambition

Conway and Ahmad are two cheeks of the same arseoyle.
    Absolutely nailed it.

Learn from the lessons of history.

OGC Nice fans displayed unrest at how Conway was financing his purchase of their club.

Prominent French sports papers and magazines were reporting concerns on two fronts--
    1. The direct removal of funds from OGC Nice accounts covered up in creative accounting as money flowed in from selling their best players.

2 The taking out of a loan serviced (paid for) by the club accounts, the loan being used to purchase the club. Some papers claimed the loan was from Conway's friends in the global money markets at a high interest rate of 9% so both Conway and his friends profited.

The use of a club funds to purchase the club has reared its head again.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 23-10-2021 at 11:37 AM.

The owners always said that the club would be self funding. They also said that they were aiming to make steady progress in the league, and I believe mentioned the possibility of the premier league.

If we go forward with the self funding approach, market forces will find our true level. With no financial input from the owners, I would put our level at top half of league one.
    Clubs in the top half of league one don't sell players for much more than a couple of million pounds, so there's not going to be much scope to make money on player sales, when compared with the scope to make money on player sales as a championship team. Expect very slow progress, especially if we're relegated, is all I'll say.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Learn from the lessons of history.

OGC Nice fans displayed unrest at how Conway was financing his purchase of their club.

Prominent French sports papers and magazines were reporting concerns on two fronts--
    1. The direct removal of funds from OGC Nice accounts covered up in creative accounting as money flowed in from selling their best players.

2 The taking out of a loan serviced (paid for) by the club accounts, the loan being used to purchase the club. Some papers claimed the loan was from Conway's friends in the global money markets at a high interest rate of 9% so both Conway and his friends profited.

The use of a club funds to purchase the club has reared its head again.
    Oh, not more history 'i told you so' lessons SB lol

My instincts are telling me they have lost interest here .

I think it was revealing what the CEO said about player recruitment post brexit .

This model was very reliant on the EU market in discovering under the radar talent such as Helik and Andersen .

Yes it's far from impossible to do business in the EU but it's defiantly more difficult because you are limited to top flight players rather than the Danish , French or German second tier the majority of whom won't have under 21 caps for their respective country's .

Iseska and Oulare are here only because they were at top flight clubs and Belgium under 21 internationals .

I also believe the ground issue is also causing them a problem and possibly having them thinking there's nothing here that's going to create a profit for them .

I'm hopeful they are looking at an exit strategy .

It would be the best decision they've made in four years in my opinion .

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast