+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Interview with Andy Giddings

I don’t think enough is being made on here or on the other site about what has been said here.

I’m still ABSOLUTELY FLABBERGASTED.

Sales are more important than success.
    The owners are not going to spend anything of their own money.
    And rumour that £750 has been taken out of the club.

These revelations have more or less killed my interest in the club.
    If winning is not the ONE and ONLY objective then what’s the point !?!?!

Even if we win 2-0 in our next match - will that be satisfactory to the fans knowing that the result could have been 4-0 if winning had been the only priority???

After many years of treading water the club last season started to build a head of steam.
    Supporters starting to believe the club was moving forward.
    Consequently 10,000 season tickets sold.
    And in just one statement that’s all collapsed like a pack of cards.
    I won’t be renewing my ST next season and I’m sure thousands of others are thinking the same.

Take a step back and see we have in no way moved forward. Now the smoke and mirrors have disappeared.
    1) its now obvious to all thease cowboys just want to raid our club for what its worth.
    2) inept shocking HC. Not rocket science defenders are not midfield or attackers.
    3) a group of young footballers that played well IN EMPTY STADIUM. Since crowds have been back weve been rubbish. Including the playoffs.
    Thing is as fans wtf can we do? Stay away? Will we have a club to go back to?

Make a mistake last season have Val on your back.
    Same mistake this year 10000 fans on your back....
    Question i keep finding myself asking are the young ens bottling it?

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    I don’t think enough is being made on here or on the other site about what has been said here.

I’m still ABSOLUTELY FLABBERGASTED.

Come as no surprise to most on here Nudge.

Only those who believed every word the owners have said are flabbergasted

Quote Originally Posted by young_nudger View Post
    i don’t think enough is being made on here or on the other site about what has been said here.

I’m still absolutely flabbergasted.

These revelations have more or less killed my interest in the club.
    If winning is not the one and only objective then what’s the point !?!?!

Even if we win 2-0 in our next match - will that be satisfactory to the fans knowing that the result could have been 4-0 if winning had been the only priority???

After many years of treading water the club last season started to build a head of steam.
    Supporters starting to believe the club was moving forward.
    Consequently 10,000 season tickets sold.
    And in just one statement that’s all collapsed like a pack of cards.
    I won’t be renewing my st next season and i’m sure thousands of others are thinking the same.
    it took you a while for penny to drop happens that's the trouble with living in dream land

That’s only £150 for each of the owners, it’s not that bad !!

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    That’s only £150 for each of the owners, it’s not that bad !!
    Yeah - just noticed - I spent more than that on season tickets.

Had some long conversations today regarding the club.
    When I told mi brother about the Khaled interview he couldn’t believe what had been said.
    Surely there has to be a backup interview that will undo the damage that’s been done.
    We can NOT go through the rest of the season with a belief amongst the fans that the manager has been told what tactics he can or cannot use.

Ok - there might not have been any bids in for the players because of the vertical football tactics.
    But how much is it going to cost the owners if we drop into Division 1 ???

Khaled saying that vertical football in his opinion is not sustainable.
    Well I’d rather listen to a football manager regarding that opinion.
    I’ll go with Ismael.
    Who is still employing those tactics and won’t be far off automatic promotion by the end of this season.
    And IMO we would have been higher than 5th this season if he had stayed at Barnsley.

This interview is going to rumble on as long as these owners are at the club.

Just one more point - it’s no good some supporters saying ‘we told yer so’.
    That’s not acceptable because those that were saying that had no proof about the intentions of the owners.
    This interview changes that - it’s the game changer - because it provides proof.
    The owners are putting profit (sale of players) before the success of the club.

Just one more point - it’s no good some supporters saying ‘we told yer so’.
    That’s not acceptable because those that were saying that had no proof about the intentions of the owners.
    This interview changes that - it’s the game changer - because it provides proof.
    The owners are putting profit (sale of players) before the success of the club.
    It wasn’t hard to find out how they operated Nudger. You only had to look what they’ve done at other clubs which has been discussed time and time again on here. They’re all about making profit from player sales, that’s all they’re interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    It wasn’t hard to find out how they operated Nudger. You only had to look what they’ve done at other clubs which has been discussed time and time again on here. They’re all about making profit from player sales, that’s all they’re interested in.
    It was a great success last season because the winning tactics was HAMMERED into the players.
    How many times did we hear Ismael say something on the lines of …… my guys know exactly what to do when they enter the field.

This season we have players like Styles and Brittain that are shadows of what they were last season.
    You can see them constantly looking up not knowing what to do with the ball because the tactics of last season has been stripped from them.
    Has the value of these players increased this season ???
    If they were undervalued last season and say were valued at £1 M - the club would struggle to get £200 k for them now.

I’m not bothered about the owners making a profit from player sales - or money generated by player sales being put back into the squad.

I am however concerned when player sales is put as a priority - that the team becomes nothing more than a showcase - to the extent that it greatly restricts how the team plays.
    This is the first time I’ve ever come across this in all the years I’ve watched football.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 27-10-2021 at 08:35 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast