+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Interview with Andy Giddings

Now that it seems the emphasis has been taken away from the win win mentality to a mixture of winning but ensuring each performer showcases their talents.
    How is Marcus going to win games with a club philosophy like that ???

And if the win win mentality has been taken out of the equation - and it’s become more a showcase of talent - then what’s the difference between watching Barnsley or watching
    DANCING ON ICE ……. !?!?!
    Other than the ice of course.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see Khaled sacked as a result of this interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    The owners always said that the club would be self funding. They also said that they were aiming to make steady progress in the league, and I believe mentioned the possibility of the premier league.

If we go forward with the self funding approach, market forces will find our true level. With no financial input from the owners, I would put our level at top half of league one.
    Clubs in the top half of league one don't sell players for much more than a couple of million pounds, so there's not going to be much scope to make money on player sales, when compared with the scope to make money on player sales as a championship team. Expect very slow progress, especially if we're relegated, is all I'll say.
    As I said Arby .

When the operating money runs dry what then with a self sufficiency model ?

It's happened before countless times in the club's history .

Difference is , the owner's were fans and emotionally connected enough to step in and keep the club at least afloat .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    My instincts are telling me they have lost interest here .

I think it was revealing what the CEO said about player recruitment post brexit .

This model was very reliant on the EU market in discovering under the radar talent such as Helik and Andersen .

Yes it's far from impossible to do business in the EU but it's defiantly more difficult because you are limited to top flight players rather than the Danish , French or German second tier the majority of whom won't have under 21 caps for their respective country's .

Iseska and Oulare are here only because they were at top flight clubs and Belgium under 21 internationals .

I also believe the ground issue is also causing them a problem and possibly having them thinking there's nothing here that's going to create a profit for them .

I'm hopeful they are looking at an exit strategy .

It would be the best decision they've made in four years in my opinion .
    Yes, I think that's probably the case Animal, that they are losing interest and maybe that's the best thing now.

If or hopefully when they do leave, surely they wouldn't do a come and get it offer for our better players, for rock bottom prices (just out of badness!).
    Although come to think of it, we've always done that anyway haven't we.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    If or hopefully when they do leave, surely they wouldn't do a come and get it offer for our better players, for rock bottom prices (just out of badness!).
    Although come to think of it, we've always done that anyway haven't we.
    We haven't got any better players since this fecking clown ruined em .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    We haven't got any better players since this fecking clown ruined em .
    Well I was only suggesting it in a sarcy way Animal lol, as I know our better players have lost that edge now and yes it has been ruined by a coach, who hasn't got a scooby doo what to do (rhyming slang intended there!).

Seriously though, I find that appalling that Conway is now suggesting that they are disappointed at not making enough profit on player sales this summer. When surely he should have at least been saying how well they did to make the Play offs etc, rather than look at it as money missed out on.
    We always thought this was their agenda, and now it appears that every single fan can see them for what they are now!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Well I was only suggesting it in a sarcy way Animal lol, as I know our better players have lost that edge now and yes it has been ruined by a coach, who hasn't got a scooby doo what to do (rhyming slang intended there!).

Seriously though, I find that appalling that Conway is now suggesting that they are disappointed at not making enough profit on player sales this summer. When surely he should have at least been saying how well they did to make the Play offs etc, rather than look at it as money missed out on.
    We always thought this was their agenda, and now it appears that every single fan can see them for what they are now!.
    Sounds depressing Acido

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Sounds depressing Acido
    Yes it is Alto, its a disgrace what they have done to be honest, and the sooner they go the better. We don't want it to turn into another Lashers v the Oyston's type thing though.

We've gone from being a team who genuinely took the Championship by storm last season, and although I agree the footy was awful at times, most teams hated playing us and we felt we could beat anybody.
    Now 5 months on and all of that has drained away from the team, and we are back to being simple relegation fodder once again.

This must be the worst period of this clubs proud long history.The club has always been run on a shoestring but this lot of owners have taken the shoestrings out.The club has always been part of the towns heartbeat but I am afraid that once these bloodsuckers have finished we will be left with an empty shell.

My main gripe is the players clearly aren't as good as we thought. They've gone back to the levels they were at during the 19/20 season. The time to sell was last season. We might have been better off missing out on the Play-Offs selling a couple of players and strengthening the team.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast