+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Cov V Derby

Matchday Thread: Cov V Derby

So, are we going to win against whoever it might be. They are quite likely above us in the table, so it will be a tough one. I'm going for a 1-0 defeat

I fear you’re being optimistic and that we’ll face our heaviest defeat of the season today.
    Very much hope to be proved wrong but 3-0 with one from Waghorn to rub salt in the wounds.

In the League they have 6 wins out of 6 at home. They lost at PNE where we got a draw and we ought to have won it. DCFC has a history of ending team's runs, be they winning or losing ones. I think we have a chance in this one. I'm not expecting a win though. 1-1.

We are on a roll another 2 goals and this time we win 2-1.

I only heard on the radio but it sounded like we deserved a point

Talking of the radio, Charlie Palmer is an excellent summariser and nice to hear him saying it like it is, especially regarding players not pulling their weight

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I only heard on the radio but it sounded like we deserved a point

Talking of the radio, Charlie Palmer is an excellent summariser and nice to hear him saying it like it is, especially regarding players not pulling their weight
    Me too. Thought we were in trouble first half but we seemed to boss the last half hour and maybe could have snatched it.
    Agree about Charlie Palmer.
    Pity about the crowd trouble. Shades of the seventies apparently and the blame laid firmly at the door of Derby fans by Radio Derby...no idea how accurate that is but it seems what’s left of our reputation will be still further reduced if that is true.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Me too. Thought we were in trouble first half but we seemed to boss the last half hour and maybe could have snatched it.
    Agree about Charlie Palmer.
    Pity about the crowd trouble. Shades of the seventies apparently and the blame laid firmly at the door of Derby fans by Radio Derby...no idea how accurate that is but it seems what’s left of our reputation will be still further reduced if that is true.
    Yes what was going on there?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Yes what was going on there?
    No idea. DT reports a ‘bit of crowd trouble’. Ed Dawes seemed to be describing a riot that would lead to the EFL deducting more points.
    Maybe someone who was there could tell us.

No idea. DT reports a ‘bit of crowd trouble’. Ed Dawes seemed to be describing a riot that would lead to the EFL deducting more points.
    Oh stop it, you tease

Someone who was there? There's only a out 10 people that post here, some don't support DCFC and I don't think anyone goes to away games!

However a skim thru t'internet suggests Derby fans tried to "take" a Coventry pub before the game and got their arses kicked. This flowed over into trouble between fans in stadium, especially after our equaliser. Sounds like handbags between cokeheads....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)