+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the best curry you've ever had.

As john2 said. fish curries yummy.

Quote Originally Posted by parkgatewelfare View Post
    It was a rites of passage going out with your mates at the weekend after six pints of Magnet, Wards or Heineken [if you didn't really like drinking],to head to the local curry house. The more you drank the hotter your curry had to be ,Madras, vindaloo, Phall etc .It doesn't seem to be as popular a ritual as it once was. Most curries i have now i tend to make myself, but one of my favourite curries ,and i feel almost embarrassed to admit it is a tin of M&S HOT LAMB CURRY, how times change.
    PGW, nice to see you posting again fella. Have to say back in the day like you put it, it would have to be The Comedian at St annes on a Friday night with the lads then straight across the road on Effingham Street to Shaka's small curry house. A Tindaloo and a plate full of chipatis did the trick......and it also reminded you the next morning!

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    our lass' s gran used to live down st Anne's road amongst the Pakistani community.
    when they cooked a big meal, they would often bring her some round.
    she hated curry but politely accepted it, then phoned me up, and I was down like a shot.
    the main difference between the shop ones,
    is they were mainly on the bone.
    very nice too.
    Sounded very nice pal.....

Love food flavoured richly with spices - one of the very best ones I recall was a Keralan dish which was superb in its depth and range of flavours

Some Iranian food/spiced dishes I've had have also been good to eat

A curry basically is just a mixture of spices.
    Just depends on what mixture You like.

If I'm making one I tend to experiment - often find they're at their best when left to stand for a while, or even overnight and heated again the next day

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    If I'm making one I tend to experiment - often find they're at their best when left to stand for a while, or even overnight and heated again the next day
    Try
    The Curry Club Home Cooking
    It's a free site with lots of recipes and their facebook page is excellent also

when I was a kid long long time ago, my dad called anything different. foreign muck.😁

when I was a kid long long time ago, my dad called anything different. foreign muck.��
    Mother - In -Law still does!

when I was a kid long long time ago, my dad called anything different. foreign muck.😁
    Gimme good English food like pizza and kebabs.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast