+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What's the best curry you've ever had.

Most curries served in England are English.
    Nothing like the food actually served in India

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Most curries served in England are English.
    Nothing like the food actually served in India
    Groundbreaking news.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Groundbreaking news.
    It will be to some.
    It can still be delicious food though.

I had 40 main courses in a day to celbrate my 40th birthday (some time ago) so you can bet I used to be keen....
    The best curry I have ever had in this country - time and again- was at Aagrah Great North Road Woodlands Doncaster...
    Phenomenal food - achar and hyderabadi to die for!
    God I'm hungry now...

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    It will be to some.
    It can still be delicious food though.
    Thank you for enlightening us.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I love to make my own. My favourite is a lamb rogan josh I do with a whole shoulder slow cooked for about 5 hours.

I went for my first curry at 11 years old to a restaurant called Omar Kayaam in Edinburgh. It’s still there.

Akbar’s is close to me and I do enjoy their chicken liver tikka starter. The seafood Balti there isn’t as good as it used to be.

As a cheap treat, B&M bargains sell a Chinese curry powder called mayflower. Mix with water, add onions, peas and chicken and you have a replica Chinese take away curry.

Cheap, easy, fast and tasty.
    Buddy not sure if you knew/know, but Akbars recently got a zero rating and was closed on the same day by Rotherham Council on health grounds. They took this opportunity to give the place an uplift and BIG clean. Not sure if it's re opened yet. Do you know if it has?

Remember going there when it first opened and they offered you a wind up torch in able to see the menu and all the lights were red in the ceiling so you couldn't make out what you were eating which put me right off so didn't go again. Dark as s.hit around the bar area waiting for your table.....weird????

Quote Originally Posted by parkgatewelfare View Post
    It was a rites of passage going out with your mates at the weekend after six pints of Magnet, Wards or Heineken [if you didn't really like drinking],to head to the local curry house. The more you drank the hotter your curry had to be ,Madras, vindaloo, Phall etc .It doesn't seem to be as popular a ritual as it once was. Most curries i have now i tend to make myself, but one of my favourite curries ,and i feel almost embarrassed to admit it is a tin of M&S HOT LAMB CURRY, how times change.
    Boy how youve changed PGW since them foot long ham salad sarnies in Walsall club.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    Boy how youve changed PGW since them foot long ham salad sarnies in Walsall club.
    Did you use to meet in the middle and kiss?

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    A curry basically is just a mixture of spices.
    Just depends on what mixture You like.
    Basically it’s gravy.

Recipes from the Indian subcontinent modified to suit the English tastes after being brought back here by the British army.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Did you use to meet in the middle and kiss?
    Only when the lights were dimmed

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast