+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the best curry you've ever had.

What's the best curry you've ever had.

It was a rites of passage going out with your mates at the weekend after six pints of Magnet, Wards or Heineken [if you didn't really like drinking],to head to the local curry house. The more you drank the hotter your curry had to be ,Madras, vindaloo, Phall etc .It doesn't seem to be as popular a ritual as it once was. Most curries i have now i tend to make myself, but one of my favourite curries ,and i feel almost embarrassed to admit it is a tin of M&S HOT LAMB CURRY, how times change.

Love a curry but if we are on about embarrassing I remember you used to be able to buy those vesta ones in a box a bag of rice and a bag of curry mix boil it to death for half an hour in a pan and to be honest it didn’t taste too bad!

I used to live in Towcester and The New Bekash restaurant there used to do a dish/meal where you had to give them 24/48 hours notice to prepare and cook for a minimum of 6 or maybe 8 people. Had it a couple of times and it was really good, not especially hot but very flavoursome.

At the other end of the scale and similar to Uttis, back in the late 70s/early 80s there were things called Snackpots (might still exist for all I know, they were a form of Pot Noodle, just add water and wait 2 minutes) and I used to love the Beef Curry version of those, even had sultanas in them

Talking of curries, I recommend the Goa at Thurcroft (old Double Barrell pub). Very good. Their King Prawn Karahi is out of this world. The size of the prawns are immense. Fridays and Saturdays booking is essential.

Quote Originally Posted by parkgatewelfare View Post
    It was a rites of passage going out with your mates at the weekend after six pints of Magnet, Wards or Heineken [if you didn't really like drinking],to head to the local curry house. The more you drank the hotter your curry had to be ,Madras, vindaloo, Phall etc .It doesn't seem to be as popular a ritual as it once was. Most curries i have now i tend to make myself, but one of my favourite curries ,and i feel almost embarrassed to admit it is a tin of M&S HOT LAMB CURRY, how times change.
    Great post Parky

Islamabad "slama" down Attercliffe, its been closed for 20 years still best ever Shami Kebabs and Keema vindaloo

Cant find many curry houses now that are any good, you look on tripadvisor and see "best curry house in Sheffield" only to find its shyte and under spiced

Locally we visit Cafe Naaz in Wath where I usually have lamb karahi

Away from home, we've had some really nice ones at the Sherkhan in Alnwick, Northumberland

The curry houses in the sparkbrook / sparkhill areas of Birmingham are of a high standard.
    Worth a visit if at an away game in the W Mids or test match at Edgbaston

Home of the family naan

Name:  IMG_0024.JPG
Views: 410
Size:  21.6 KB

our lass' s gran used to live down st Anne's road amongst the Pakistani community.
    when they cooked a big meal, they would often bring her some round.
    she hated curry but politely accepted it, then phoned me up, and I was down like a shot.
    the main difference between the shop ones,
    is they were mainly on the bone.
    very nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    The curry houses in the sparkbrook / sparkhill areas of Birmingham are of a high standard.
    Worth a visit if at an away game in the W Mids or test match at Edgbaston

Home of the family naan

Name:  IMG_0024.JPG
Views: 410
Size:  21.6 KB
    Familt naan, is that a diversification version of an american tv cartoon series?

Best curries we had in Goa, I used to sing to chefs in hotel, " I want a curry, I want it in a hurry ", so they used sing it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast