+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Twenty/20 World cup thread

O/T Twenty/20 World cup thread

We start with West Indies this afternoon and the memories of the 2016 final are still pretty raw against the boys from the Caribbean .

Needing 18 off the last over and Ben Stokes with the ball in his hand it looked a formality .

Clearly Big Braithwaite was having none of it and the rest as they say is history ... Ouch !!! .

Lets hope we can get off to a good start with Captain Morgan finding his form although to be fair we've enough talent to replace him .

Anything less than the final would be under achieving in my opinion .

Al be watching the tournament but the fact that all it needs is one player to come off belting a quick 80 or so to make predictions difficult and the "inferior" team to steal it.

Sweet Caroline ba,ba,baa,
    Good times never seemed so good

Looking forward to the tournament - England will rightly start as one of the favourites but as ever T20 cricket can become a little bit of a lottery.

Enough batting with strength in depth but Roy can be a bit of a hit and a miss getting out quickly early on and Malan wasting a few too many balls hence putting pressure on the batsman at the other end.

Bowling attack is good but far from being the best. Willey, Wood and Jordan likely to go for plenty, hopefully not in the same game or its curtains. Rashid let's hope he bowls very few pies.

Think Sri Lanka could be the surprise package but there again what do I know !!

Well that was pretty good , Windies back in the shed 55 all out .

Surely we can't feck this up ?

Can we ????

I fancy Pakistan to win it. If they can keep their discipline and temperament then they have a good chance. I think 7/1 is a great price. Then again, in this form of the game owt can happen.

Well a laboured reply with the loss of four wickets but job done none the less .

Sterner tests to come .

Sometimes Roy and Bairstow can be guilty of getting out trying to smack a good ball out of the ground - both players today got out to soft deliveries which they should have smacked out of the ground!

Malan demoted down the order not good for his confidence or a slight injury?

Pleased for Mills starting and performing well, for me a bigger threat than Willey.

I thought Rashid was superb , its a pity he has not been plying his skills with the test team in recent years , however the fact that when he did go touring with the test team he was treated very poorly & became nothing but a waiter bringing out the drinks , maybe this is still fresh in his mind & a return to test cricket will never happen , shame really , he is a class act .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    I thought Rashid was superb , its a pity he has not been plying his skills with the test team in recent years , however the fact that when he did go touring with the test team he was treated very poorly & became nothing but a waiter bringing out the drinks , maybe this is still fresh in his mind & a return to test cricket will never happen , shame really , he is a class act .
    I agree Shad , Rashid is a very underrated bowler and as you say a class act .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I agree Shad , Rashid is a very underrated bowler and as you say a class act .
    I agree & I know Ali is throwing in the towel but Rashid in my opinion is way in front of him with the ball & Rashid whilst not being a top liner never the less is no mug with the willow either, he would certainly be my pick to go on tour especially where the wickets are a tad more helpful to the slow bowler..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast