+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Solihull: Football for a fiver!

Previously purchasing tickets, Weymouth and Chesterfield last season, no issues. This morning, trying to purchase tickets for Rochdale, impossible task. I would imagine the combination of Rochdale and reduced pricing for Solihull resulting in increased traffic just means the system struggles to cope.

Phoned in the end and once I got through, very helpful individual sorted.

Still, a bit different from the days of being told there will be a big crowd and then limited turnstiles being open. Good old Derek.

Booked mine online just now.
    The Kop and Pavis both look full down the centre of the stands, but plenty of room down the sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    Previously purchasing tickets, Weymouth and Chesterfield last season, no issues. This morning, trying to purchase tickets for Rochdale, impossible task. I would imagine the combination of Rochdale and reduced pricing for Solihull resulting in increased traffic just means the system struggles to cope.

Phoned in the end and once I got through, very helpful individual sorted.

Still, a bit different from the days of being told there will be a big crowd and then limited turnstiles being open. Good old Derek.
    A couple of season ticket holders complaining on the Notts Facebook page that when they applied for a ticket their seat has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    Previously purchasing tickets, Weymouth and Chesterfield last season, no issues. This morning, trying to purchase tickets for Rochdale, impossible task.
    An opposite experience to me. It took me an hour to get a couple of Solihull tickets yesterday, but only two minutes to get one for the Rochdale game when I tried this morning. The online ticket system seems very hit and miss, I just wonder how many sales we might lose to casual fans because they give up. I've only just realised that it's an international break at the weekend, hopefully that will lead to a few more for Solihull on Saturday in the absence of any upper level games.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    An opposite experience to me. It took me an hour to get a couple of Solihull tickets yesterday, but only two minutes to get one for the Rochdale game when I tried this morning. The online ticket system seems very hit and miss, I just wonder how many sales we might lose to casual fans because they give up. I've only just realised that it's an international break at the weekend, hopefully that will lead to a few more for Solihull on Saturday in the absence of any upper level games.
    Think it might be down to sheer volume of interest online EP. Rochdale we might squeeze 4-5k but with Solihull it could be 14-15k.
    The online platform seldom has much action. We average somewhere in the region of 6k. Half of those would be season ticket holders so potentially 3k tickets bought online - that said there is often a queue at the ticket office.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    A couple of season ticket holders complaining on the Notts Facebook page that when they applied for a ticket their seat has been sold.
    I purchased 7 tickets, obviously all season ticket holders. I presumed that you’d automatically be assigned your regular seat. Not the case, I could have purchased 7 tickets for anywhere providing the seat/ticket hadn’t already been sold. I can understand the frustrations, this is probably something the club needs to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Let’s hope we don’t lose any sales and Saturdays a big crowd. More importantly, let’s hope we perform and bag 3 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Think it might be down to sheer volume of interest online EP. Rochdale we might squeeze 4-5k but with Solihull it could be 14-15k.
    The online platform seldom has much action. We average somewhere in the region of 6k. Half of those would be season ticket holders so potentially 3k tickets bought online - that said there is often a queue at the ticket office.
    This would be my take on it.

I've not bought a ticket for the Rochdale game yet. Just coming out the back end of covid and not even sure if I'll be fit enough to take my usual seat in the Pavis for the Solihull game. If I make it through that ok then I'll just grab whatever ticket I can for Rochdale and not stress about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I've not bought a ticket for the Rochdale game yet. Just coming out the back end of covid and not even sure if I'll be fit enough to take my usual seat in the Pavis for the Solihull game. If I make it through that ok then I'll just grab whatever ticket I can for Rochdale and not stress about it.
    Hope you’re well enough to get to/through the Solihull game.

Not a big issue for me. But, I do think season ticket holders should have first refusal of their regular seat for cup games. Benefit of having a season ticket.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast