+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Solihull: Football for a fiver!

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    That will be the most interesting thing for me too KK. Is it a carbon copy of the style he adopted at Notts? Or is it noticeably different now he's at his new club perhaps more direct?

Also a weakness under NA was defending set pieces, we've massively improved in that department this season so hope to take advantage.

A 5 figure attendance would be fantastic. Love a big crowd at the Lane.
    Alus seems to me that a 10,000 crowd seems to generate twice as much atmosphere as a 7,000 one, no idea why. You would imagine these things to be directly proportional, but somehow they ain't. You going Laddo?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Alus seems to me that a 10,000 crowd seems to generate twice as much atmosphere as a 7,000 one, no idea why. You would imagine these things to be directly proportional, but somehow they ain't. You going Laddo?
    Sadly not Meadow Lane is a little out of reach
    at present unless visiting friends/family.

I won't even be able to listen to match commentary as I'm out and about with other commitments. I will however be checking the score far too often for my own good and anyone with me. I'm sure I'm not alone bring glued to the phone when not at the game.

Should be a cracking atmosphere especially if we get off to a good start. The Kop should be in full voice as they usually are whenever we've had big attendances before.

I won't even be able to listen to match commentary as I'm out and about with other commitments. I will however be checking the score far too often for my own good and anyone with me. I'm sure I'm not alone bring glued to the phone when not at the game.
    As someone who lives a few thousand miles away, my season ticket doesn’t get much use (not by me, anyway). If I can’t watch a game either in the flesh or on a stream, I prefer to avoid any news until 5pm/9:40. This season’s preferred way of finding out the result is to come onto NCM and head straight to the last page on the match thread.

First thing I look for - how many people have commented? The lower the number of comments, the better the result (as a rule). A high number usually indicates a meltdown over a disastrous performance (see the Woking and Halifax threads).

I normally try to go for a walk for a few hours and avoid any glimpses of my phone (Twitter pushes often contain spoilers). I think it comes down to decades of generally disappointing results and so, if we are to lose, I prefer to get the disappointment over in one hit, as it were. Also, there’s nothing worse than the false hope of being ahead and then not winning, which was an all-too-familiar feeling over the years when I used to follow the scores in real time.

That's a great read nw6, love it. Very true the match threads when we lose are usually at least twice as long as when we win, but that's football for you.

I'm in England so will still be going to selected games this season which will help me transition to not seeing regular home games with my ST. I just hope one day I can get to your more relaxed level and maybe adopt your sensible approach.

At the moment between 3-5pm it's an internal battle to stop myself checking livescore, BBC or NCM match day thread all the time to see how my beloved pies are getting on.

The worst is when we are in injury time in a close game, I must refresh the score every 30 seconds and I know any news I receive will be late and a goal has already been scored.

It's so much easier being at the game in the stands watching with your own eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    As someone who lives a few thousand miles away, my season ticket doesn’t get much use (not by me, anyway). If I can’t watch a game either in the flesh or on a stream, I prefer to avoid any news until 5pm/9:40. This season’s preferred way of finding out the result is to come onto NCM and head straight to the last page on the match thread.

First thing I look for - how many people have commented? The lower the number of comments, the better the result (as a rule). A high number usually indicates a meltdown over a disastrous performance (see the Woking and Halifax threads).

I normally try to go for a walk for a few hours and avoid any glimpses of my phone (Twitter pushes often contain spoilers). I think it comes down to decades of generally disappointing results and so, if we are to lose, I prefer to get the disappointment over in one hit, as it were. Also, there’s nothing worse than the false hope of being ahead and then not winning, which was an all-too-familiar feeling over the years when I used to follow the scores in real time.
    Haha it’s funny the things we do. I don’t work Saturdays anymore so I’ve been able to get to more games this season. When I couldn’t go I just couldn’t listen to commentary on the radio, too nerve wracking and when I did the opposition always seemed to instantly score.

Contented myself with FlashScore and the last bit of Soccer Saturday. Jeff rarely brought good news.

That's a great read nw6, love it. Very true the match threads when we lose are usually at least twice as long as when we win, but that's football for you.

I'm in England so will still be going to selected games this season which will help me transition to not seeing regular home games with my ST. I just hope one day I can get to your more relaxed level and maybe adopt your sensible approach.

At the moment between 3-5pm it's an internal battle to stop myself checking livescore, BBC or NCM match day thread all the time to see how my beloved pies are getting on.

The worst is when we are in injury time in a close game, I must refresh the score every 30 seconds and I know any news I receive will be late and a goal has already been scored.

It's so much easier being at the game in the stands watching with your own eyes.
    You Must be use to it Laddo, as most Notts games are undecided, or just one goal in it, going into the late stages

Not after 30+ years straight as a ST holder. It's torture repeatedly checking the phone, so much easier being there sat in the DP stand.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789