+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T well said Dion Dublin

I don't wish for a white history week in football, I don't wish for a black history week in football. Futile pushing on an open door or one locked shut. The non racists will still be non racist and the racists will still be racists, regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Pocket hope you are well and still allowed to go to games or has she stopped that

I know a black professional footballer and he says exactly what You have conveyed
    He is completely against the knee for the same reasons.
    Sick to death of do Gooders making it worse
    Rather than the George Floyd aftermath helping he thinks it's set the issue back years

Just to be clear these are a black persons thoughts given to me unsolicited
    Yeah I’m good pal hope you are too?

I’m in charge in our house so I’m still going to home and away. With permission of course.

It’s a shame that now everything seems to have gone too much the other way. I can’t stand racism. I’m not sure that what’s happening at the moment is always helping.

Suppose it's i a nice reaction from a Black man. I don't really care, but shoving it down your thoat doesn't help the cause. Like someone said, maybe 4% are black, but now we see black people in almost every advert. It's how the big companies suck up to a "new" rally, and frightened of being left behind. I think it's this that's the annoying problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    John serious question and not meant to be facetious.

A few people of colour I know think that the best way to combat racism is to stop talking about it.
    It’s an interesting take on it.
    YAK is a person of colour and he thinks black history month is counter productive.

What’s your thoughts?
    It's complicated. Black people have a wide diversity of opinion, just many of my fellow white millersmad posters disagree with me on many things.

I have a very close friend who is of black caribbean ancestry, though as British as you or I. She resents discussion of race issues and would much rather we all stopped giving it attention. However she has also had the n word shouted at her by a random person cycling past on the street within the last 24 months.

The psychology of people that have suffered from racism varies tremendously. Some are just fed up of it and don't want to engage with it and want to get on with life. Others are angry and want their voice heard and for it to be addressed head on. I can empathise with both perpsectives.

Personally I feel some white people are desperate to cling on to any black voice which downplays the problem of race. Cherry picking, and using those voices to dismiss the opinions of others.

The idea that 'talking about racism makes the problem worse' is one I hear parroted here a lot, but not one I think stands up to any scrutiny if you think about it.

I think talking about racism and really questioning our behaviour makes people feel uncomfortable, and lots of people don't like to do that. And what these people are really saying, white and black, is that they don't want to feel uncomfortable. But I don't think that makes the problem go away, it just keeps the discomfort with those who suffer the ongoing effects of racism.

Growing up in Rotherham as a white person, I was completely ignorant to how different the experience is for me compared to others. It's only by meeting people and hearing their stories I've had my eyes opened. I can understand how many people on here would also be ignorant to the reality and scale of the problem.

Is discussing racism the magical solution that will solve the legacy of centuries of slavery, and injustice and people treating others differently purely because of the melanin content of their skin? No, of course not.

I aspire for that same world your friend does, where we don't need to talk about racism because the melanin content of a person's skin has no more relevance in society than the melanin content of someone's hair. I just know that while my friend is getting abuse shouted at her just for talking down the street with darker skin, I have to disagree with her about whether we are ready to stop talking about racism yet.

Really well reasoned post.
    I appreciate your opinion John.

I agree that hopefully one day we won’t have to keep discussing it.
    Genuinely don’t know what the answer is.
    I can see both sides of the argument.

I was in hospital a long while back and one of my friends Who played for Rotherham came to see me Shaun Goater great guy,player,and funny.Ive never been racist we are all the same. Errr I hate Americans though.

Quote Originally Posted by thaimillerfan View Post
    I was in hospital a long while back and one of my friends Who played for Rotherham came to see me Shaun Goater great guy,player,and funny.Ive never been racist we are all the same. Errr I hate Americans though.

CAM, easy and don't bite by banning him . You're not a true American you only hold a passport saying dual nationality because, you've been there over 10 years. You're a down and out Rawmish lad never forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Really well reasoned post.
    I appreciate your opinion John.

I agree that hopefully one day we won’t have to keep discussing it.
    Genuinely don’t know what the answer is.
    I can see both sides of the argument.
    It’s all part of the brainwashing and manipulation process

YOU WILL THINK THIS WAY !!

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    It’s all part of the brainwashing and manipulation process

YOU WILL THINK THIS WAY !!
    Correct! That Femi character who won’t say who funds him and writes down his questions has made a fortune out of storing up racial hatred.

There’s also those who seek to divide through racism

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Correct! That Femi character who won’t say who funds him and writes down his questions has made a fortune out of storing up racial hatred.

There’s also those who seek to divide through racism
    Genuine questions, funds him for what?

Tweeting and commentary is free.

Also, how have you come to conclusion he has made a fortune?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast