+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T well said Dion Dublin

O/T well said Dion Dublin

At last…. a black person speaking total common sense on black issues.

I’m currently watching Football Focus and the presenter Alex Scott starts to talk about Black History week in football. Quick as a flash, Dion butts in and says it’s about time we also had a White History Week in football. He went on to say it’s a 50/50 thing and blacks should learn about whites as whites should know of the black history…..bloody well done that man!

He will be getting sack then.

Well, it would make more sense to just have a football history month, because there's been no struggle or obstacles for white people in football, whereas for black people to gain acceptance, to not be abused, to get equal opportunities has come a long way but is still an ongoing battle.

Looking back at what some of the black football pioneers had to endure is shocking. The overt racism and chants at games in years gone by. I think overcoming that and the bravery of those individuals is something to be recognised and celebrated.

Can you give examples of white specific issues or players where we've had similar triumphs to be recognised? I'm open minded to the idea.

John serious question and not meant to be facetious.

A few people of colour I know think that the best way to combat racism is to stop talking about it.
    It’s an interesting take on it.
    YAK is a person of colour and he thinks black history month is counter productive.

What’s your thoughts?

It's not 50/50 though is it?

The black population is between 3.5% and 4%.

There are more Asians than blacks, but not in football obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    At last…. a black person speaking total common sense on black issues.

I’m currently watching Football Focus and the presenter Alex Scott starts to talk about Black History week in football. Quick as a flash, Dion butts in and says it’s about time we also had a White History Week in football. He went on to say it’s a 50/50 thing and blacks should learn about whites as whites should know of the black history…..bloody well done that man!
    Me and the Mrs said the same. As someone who constantly runs the risk of being labelled PC or woke due to my liberal views, even I have started become irked by the way everything seems to centre on black culture these days, to the detriment of true equality. Lord knows how the rabid racists will react, but even the apparent “black face in almost every tv ad” approach is looking way over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post

A few people of colour I know think that the best way to combat racism is to stop talking about it.
    YAK is a person of colour and he thinks black history month is counter productive.

What’s your thoughts?
    It is counter productive.

A guy I know who many would regard as " woke" said to me the other day he was sick and tired of hearing black folks moaning. Those were nigh on his exact words

Many people on both sides of this phoney culture war are getting sick and tired of it - hear the same from both views - distracts from other more important stuff

Good guy Dion

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post

What’s your thoughts?
    Pocket hope you are well and still allowed to go to games or has she stopped that

I know a black professional footballer and he says exactly what You have conveyed
    He is completely against the knee for the same reasons.
    Sick to death of do Gooders making it worse
    Rather than the George Floyd aftermath helping he thinks it's set the issue back years

Just to be clear these are a black persons thoughts given to me unsolicited

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast