+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prem clubs not dealing with us

Dr. Evil can fuck off.

Name:  drevil-1024x681.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  72.7 KB

He's kicking up all this dust but worships money so won't take much for him to do another 180. Spiteful gnome of a man.
    Last edited by trinitoon; 23-10-2021 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    Dr. Evil can fuck off.

He's kicking up all this dust but worships money so won't take much for him to do another 180. Spiteful gnome of a man.
    Love that description of him fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Did someone on here say he tried to get them to buy Spurs for 3 billion at tge last minute? Or my imagination.
    Yes, Joe Lewis and him tried to get the PIF to buy Spuds instead of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Did someone on here say he tried to get them to buy Spurs for 3 billion at tge last minute? Or my imagination.
    £3 Billion! They’re more likely to end up in administration by the sound of it - between £600M and £1.17 Billion in debt depending on what has been written and what to believe. How can a club end up in that state - £6M salary apparently as well - fit & proper?!

It's crap, the top 6 might manage it.

But we offer, Saints or Leeds or anybody around there £70 million (for example) for a player that blatently isn't worth that much. . . they'll crack and sell.

Also, should a player get bid and not be allowed, well, do clubs really want to piss their players off - me thinks not. Unhappy players cause issue in the dressing room.

Release clauses as well, not saying we’re ready to sign the next Grealish just yet but I bet there are loads of them inserted in many contracts throughout the league (Demba Ba & Perez spring to mind for us). At the very worst, we are going to force clubs into giving hefty pay rises when we trigger a release claus if they are desperate to keep that particular player.

In all honesty, I'd rather we were recruiting young talent from around the world rather than buying the latest PL star. If we're going to spend loads of money, it'd be good to spend it on building the best academy, training facilities, scouting network, etc. so that there's a long-term sustainable model for success. I think we're all patient enough to wait for this to pay off, though clearly we'll have to bring in some first team players in the immediate future just to stave off the threat of relegation.

If we can build a brand of football that people want to play, we'll be able to nab the best young players out from under the noses of our 'rivals' in the PL.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy1981_2 View Post
    In all honesty, I'd rather we were recruiting young talent from around the world rather than buying the latest PL star. If we're going to spend loads of money, it'd be good to spend it on building the best academy, training facilities, scouting network, etc. so that there's a long-term sustainable model for success. I think we're all patient enough to wait for this to pay off, though clearly we'll have to bring in some first team players in the immediate future just to stave off the threat of relegation.

If we can build a brand of football that people want to play, we'll be able to nab the best young players out from under the noses of our 'rivals' in the PL.
    That is the way to go about it Andy.

Good point. FFP cannot limit investment in youth. And if we build a reputation as the best academy around, it would only take 4-5 yrs to pay off big style if we get some decent 17yr olds out the other end.

I’d prefer developing exciting talents allowing us to compete in the future rather than bankrolling a squad of pre-retirement mercenaries.

Of course, we need a mix. But consider what limitless Saudi money could achieve it put towards the medium-term strategy instead of an FFP-limited short-termism. I’d take mid-table mediocrity a couple more years if things are steadily moving in the right direction.

I’m patient enough to wait for us becoming a force in world football instead of another “project”. Thing is though, we need to stay in the PL. And the current squad probably can’t do that.
    Last edited by trinitoon; 24-10-2021 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    Good point. FFP cannot limit investment in youth. And if we build a reputation as the best academy around, it would only take 4-5 yrs to pay off big style if we get some decent 17yr olds out the other end.

I’d prefer developing exciting talents allowing us to compete in the future rather than bankrolling a squad of pre-retirement mercenaries.

Of course, we need a mix. But consider what limitless Saudi money could achieve it put towards the medium-term strategy instead of an FFP-limited short-termism.

I’m patient enough to wait for us becoming a force in world football instead of another “project”. Thing is though, we need to stay in the PL. And the current squad probably can’t do that.
    Exactly mate... think about what Wallsend Boys Club has produced over the years on a pittance. Pump some millions into the community to turn our passion for football into an education in it, get schools and sports clubs their coaching badges and get our adults teaching our kids the beautiful game every night. It won't take long before we're creating talent on and off the field on a regular basis, not to mention the social benefits of keeping these kids off the streets and focused on footy.

There's also some really interesting innovation in sports science going on at our local uni's, including some research into the benefits of low light training and a bunch of other crazy ideas that would never have crossed my mind - all about how to get that extra % that makes an ASM a Lionel Messi. All of this could provide better returns than paying Aaron Ramsay £400,000 a week to play 20 games a season.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)