+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Sheff United match thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    Well that's it. But trouble is he can't see it for some reason.
    Straight forward with the subs bar injuries , when Morris and Iseska start flagging on 70 mins .

Cole and Oulare come on .

A tight game with a slender lead on comes Palmer for Benson to sit with Gomes in front of the back three .

Use Palmer from the bench , don't start him he can't do a full shift .

Get those two Callum's on that bloody touchline up that pitch getting crosses in to the box like we know they can do .

Get that defensive line up that pitch and stop this fecking about at the back .

I'm not advocating Val ball but somewhere in between .

It really isn't too difficult when you look at it .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Straight forward with the subs bar injuries , when Morris and Iseska start flagging on 70 mins .

Cole and Oulare come on .

A tight game with a slender lead on comes Palmer for Benson to sit with Gomes in front of the back three .

Use Palmer from the bench , don't start him he can't do a full shift .

Get those two Callum's on that bloody touchline up that pitch getting crosses in to the box like we know they can do .

Get that defensive line up that pitch and stop this fecking about at the back .

I'm not advocating Val ball but somewhere in between .

It really isn't too difficult when you look at it .
    I reckon you're getting your CV up to scratch Animal lol.
    Nothing wrong with Val ball second half Bournemouth. I could watch that week in, week out.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    I reckon you're getting your CV up to scratch Animal lol.
    Nothing wrong with Val ball second half Bournemouth. I could watch that week in, week out.
    Just about the best 45 minutes of football I've seen from any Barnsley side since probably 2000 .

Given the quality of the opposition and what was at stake that day on the South Coast .

Herbie Kane ran the show .

Absolutely battered the big time billy's .

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Who has to go ???!!!!!!

Is it the manager who has been given new recruits that are not fit - and then told he should not employ the successful tactics that got us to 5th last season ?????

Or should it be that individual owner that brought in those players and instructed the manager to change those successful tactics ?????

If I were Chien Lee I know which person I would be excluding from the club.

Marcus Schopp has been dealt an horrible hand by these owners.
    He has an history of being a successful manager.
    Unfortunately he has been given such a terrible hand by the owners that the confidence of the players has been shot to pieces - and now he has no chance of salvaging the team.

Chien Lee - should tell Conway to keep away from the club.
    Khaled should now be given the task of having to sack Marcus and bring in a temporary manager to salvage this season until the summer.

Why are you contradicting yourself?

Schopp has a very average and unspectacular managerial record.

You are saying its not his fault but you also say he should ne sacked. So what is it?

Spirited final 15 mins but too little too late. The players obviously abandoned the shyte that this head coach wants them to do in that finale and we gave it a right go. I have to say that despite my criticisms, Devante Cole was superb when he came on. That's what we want from you lad- blood and thunder. Tha'll not gu far wrong wi barnsley fans with that kind of drive, effort and commitment. Let's
    see it on a regular basis.

Nevertheless, despite our spirited fight back it doesn't give me any optimism going into the Bristol game because the same naive tactics of this coconut of a head coach will be laid bare for all to see at Ashton Gate.

Bristol will end their winless home run unless the German **** star finally sees the light and utilities his best players in their best positions in a suitable formation. One can dream I suppose

Like Ive also said in other posts Pass, that gives me some optimism that Devante just might be what we need up front, especially if he shows the attitude you've suggested he showed today.
    But he needs to be given a run of games of course like any player really, not just chopping and changing constantly for no real reason.
    I remember you said that Victor was picked to start at Reading because of their height and strength etc, but sadly it brought us nothing at all anyway, so should he have started Cole after all.
    And Im trying to be fair on Woodrow here, but maybe its time to drop him for a few games and bring him on as a sub instead, because he seems lost or burned out or whatever it is at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Like Ive also said in other posts Pass, that gives me some optimism that Devante just might be what we need up front, especially if he shows the attitude you've suggested he showed today.
    But he needs to be given a run of games of course like any player really, not just chopping and changing constantly for no real reason.
    I remember you said that Victor was picked to start at Reading because of their height and strength etc, but sadly it brought us nothing at all anyway, so should he have started Cole after all.
    And Im trying to be fair on Woodrow here, but maybe its time to drop him for a few games and bring him on as a sub instead, because he seems lost or burned out or whatever it is at the moment.
    It's the horrible lack of confidence that our players are clearly suffering from mate at the end of the day. That first half was dire. Both teams shyte and I do mean shyte. At half time the game was there for the taking for Barnsley imo as I said in this thread with my half time thoughts. It needed good man management and motivation instilled to make our players rip into sheff u early in that 2nd half, get a goal up and the game was ours imo had that happened. Sheff u would've folded.

This isn't sour grapes by any means and the better team won on the day but the Blades look poor imo. OK, of course our situation is bad but I'm looking at them and thinking how shyte they were too. I know its a long season and there's time to turn their fortunes around but I just don't see it in all honesty. Mid table beckons for them which, considering the squad they have is well below what's expected. Ennyrooard good luck to them but that's my honest view on them. I've seen them 3 times now against Birmingham, Hull and us. Not overly impressed it has to be said.

I was surprised that Sharp didn't grab at least 1 goal when he came on, he normally does against us. And it sounded like McBurnie was lazy for them again and just trotted around the pitch, and I see there was no game time at all for Hourihane.
    They could still be a Play off team when it matters at the end of the season, but on the basis of that first half today it sounded like they could well have been thrashed had it been against a top team.

It goes back to how good Val was at man management and remember how much the players really wanted to play for him, there was respect there you could see that. I don't like the idea of players only turning it on when they go 2 or 3 goals behind, but that final 15 minutes does give us something to hope for in the next few games.

The next starting line up and the way we play in that next first half is going to be another big indication as to whether the players are for or against Schopp's ideas and tactics.

Heres what the Schopptastic one had to say after this latest relegation-esque type performance..

"I saw two teams at the beginning, in the first half, that were a bit scared because of the results of the last weeks.
    In such games, it's always who makes the first mistake and again it was us - two stupid mistakes.
    After the three zero, we had a great reaction. Being three zero down against a team like Sheffield United was totally unnecessary.
    There are still a couple of guys to recover (from injuries), they are really close. When we have these players, it will be a different Barnsley. I don't have any different information (about my position) right now so I am preparing everything as I did it in the last couple of weeks."

The bloke wants a smack for saying the word 'zero' for a start instead of nil, that is unacceptable lol.
    Hes still pinning all of his hopes on some players coming back from injuries, and then we will be a different team then apparently. Well, I wish I could share that same optimism but I can't unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Heres what the Schopptastic one had to say after this latest relegation-esque type performance..

"I saw two teams at the beginning, in the first half, that were a bit scared because of the results of the last weeks.
    In such games, it's always who makes the first mistake and again it was us - two stupid mistakes.
    After the three zero, we had a great reaction. Being three zero down against a team like Sheffield United was totally unnecessary.
    There are still a couple of guys to recover (from injuries), they are really close. When we have these players, it will be a different Barnsley. I don't have any different information (about my position) right now so I am preparing everything as I did it in the last couple of weeks."

The bloke wants a smack for saying the word 'zero' for a start instead of nil, that is unacceptable lol.
    Hes still pinning all of his hopes on some players coming back from injuries, and then we will be a different team then apparently. Well, I wish I could share that same optimism but I can't unfortunately.
    These injured players are missed, don't get me wrong. However, we still have the personnel to pick up points imo. The way this head coach deploys his troops leaves a lot to be desired. His inability to change things is alarming. We aren't expecting miracles here, just get the fundamentals right.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast