+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Barnsley v Sheff United match thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Heres what the Schopptastic one had to say after this latest relegation-esque type performance..

"I saw two teams at the beginning, in the first half, that were a bit scared because of the results of the last weeks.
    In such games, it's always who makes the first mistake and again it was us - two stupid mistakes.
    After the three zero, we had a great reaction. Being three zero down against a team like Sheffield United was totally unnecessary.
    There are still a couple of guys to recover (from injuries), they are really close. When we have these players, it will be a different Barnsley. I don't have any different information (about my position) right now so I am preparing everything as I did it in the last couple of weeks."

The bloke wants a smack for saying the word 'zero' for a start instead of nil, that is unacceptable lol.
    Hes still pinning all of his hopes on some players coming back from injuries, and then we will be a different team then apparently. Well, I wish I could share that same optimism but I can't unfortunately.
    I see that Obbi didn’t get a run again,I know he came on for the last 10/15 minutes against Middlesbrough but by that time I had seen enough,turned off the tv and went to bed.Did he show any promise or is he another damp squid from the owners assembly line?

Quote Originally Posted by Fileytyke View Post
    I see that Obbi didn’t get a run again,I know he came on for the last 10/15 minutes against Middlesbrough but by that time I had seen enough,turned off the tv and went to bed.Did he show any promise or is he another damp squid from the owners assembly line?
    From the bit I saw of him Filey my only comment would be that he looked slow. He obviously needs to be given time before we make any judgement on him to be fair.
    I suspect he wasn't used yesterday because there was no point risking him when we were 3-0 down. Also, not having pace in the forward line cost us in the first half in my opinion. It certainly proved what effect that pace could have had second half as we scored two goals when Cole and Iseka came on.

A few plus point's from yesterday , Victor played well and was unlucky to be subbed , maybe tiredness ? Hondermark played well when he came on, 2 excellent finishes by Iseka and Cole , It's time to either drop Cauley or take the captainsy of him ? Overall I didn't think there was too much between the sides, neither will be challenging the top 6 , neither will be relegated !!, a few more leaving the treatment room soon hopefully , an upturn in results will follow , Forza Di Reds

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    A few plus point's from yesterday , Victor played well and was unlucky to be subbed , maybe tiredness ? Hondermark played well when he came on, 2 excellent finishes by Iseka and Cole , It's time to either drop Cauley or take the captainsy of him ? Overall I didn't think there was too much between the sides, neither will be challenging the top 6 , neither will be relegated !!, a few more leaving the treatment room soon hopefully , an upturn in results will follow , Forza Di Reds
    Just how I see it Roma. Cauley needs a rest. I'd like to see Helik take the captaincy permanently and let cauley concentrate on his game. Victor was very unlucky to be subbed. In the absence of Morris and if he continues with a front 3, I want to see Victor, Iseka and Cole up front for a run of half a dozen games. Based on yesterday's performances, I think these 3 could rip defences apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    Just how I see it Roma. Cauley needs a rest. I'd like to see Helik take the captaincy permanently and let cauley concentrate on his game. Victor was very unlucky to be subbed. In the absence of Morris and if he continues with a front 3, I want to see Victor, Iseka and Cole up front for a run of half a dozen games. Based on yesterday's performances, I think these 3 could rip defences apart.
    My view is Helik will be on his way this January so no point making him temporary captain.

Will provide the funds to pay Schopp off.

Somebody tell that Mr Cole that you are meant to be at it from the kick off, not when you are 3-0 darn.

Oulare's back and feet must still be a bit tender.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011