+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Sheff United match thoughts

Barnsley v Sheff United match thoughts

I'm absolutely dreading this tomorrow to be honest .

Whilst the Blunts haven't exactly set the championship on fire following relegation from the PL last season none the less they have a squad of massive championship quality .

If we allow them the time and space as we did against Middlesbrough they are capable of putting us in the five or six club .

Schopp simply has to make us difficult to play against , whether he even has that kind of tactical expertise is debatable to say the least .

It could real ugly tomorrow lunchtime , embarrassed by our South Yorkshire rivals at home with an already toxic narrative simmering away .

It could go up tomorrow big time .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm absolutely dreading this tomorrow to be honest .

Whilst the Blunts haven't exactly set the championship on fire following relegation from the PL last season none the less they have a squad of massive championship quality .

If we allow them the time and space as we did against Middlesbrough they are capable of putting us in the five or six club .

Schopp simply has to make us difficult to play against , whether he even has that kind of tactical expertise is debatable to say the least .

It could real ugly tomorrow lunchtime , embarrassed by our South Yorkshire rivals at home with an already toxic narrative simmering away .

It could go up tomorrow big time .
    Last season you'd have had half a dozen replies by now Animal.
    I've gone for a tight 2-1 united win tomorrow purely because it's a local derby. The 5 or 6 club is definitely a possibility. I continue to have faint hope that we play well and get a victory that turns our season around. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    Last season you'd have had half a dozen replies by now Animal.
    I've gone for a tight 2-1 united win tomorrow purely because it's a local derby. The 5 or 6 club is definitely a possibility. I continue to have faint hope that we play well and get a victory that turns our season around. Fingers crossed.
    Brewster to find his shooting boots tomorrow at long last .

You read it here first .

Billy Sharp off the bench to rub our noses in it in the final 20 minutes .

I sincerely hope I'm wrong of course .

Nowt here to see. Another fruitless afternoon in front of goal no doubt. It's just a case of keeping the score down so as to not get embarrassed

I’ve been looking forward to taking my new Season Ticket seat in the East Stand.
    But after listening to the Khaled interview - I’m not going.
    I’m still trying to work out in my mind whether I can still watch a team that hasn’t got winning as it’s one and only objective.

Bewildered is an understatement.

Do not let this or any future board. Spoil your relationship with barnsley fc. We will still be here long after this lot move on.... Remember its always darkest just before the dawn light.....
    You can own our club
    But you'll never own our spirits
    Go on Tarn
    You reds!

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyDaft View Post
    Do not let this or any future board. Spoil your relationship with barnsley fc. We will still be here long after this lot move on.... Remember its always darkest just before the dawn light.....
    You can own our club
    But you'll never own our spirits
    Go on Tarn
    You reds!
    I’m no fan of Formula 1 or Lewis Hamilton - but the situation at Barnsley at the moment feels like this …… the manager of Hamilton’s team knows he can win with the Formula 1 car, but the owners of the team wants the manager to boost car sales so Lewis in future races will be driving a Vauxhall Astra.

The owners have always stated they would put no money in to the club, they’ve never put anything into any club they own or have owned. They’ve clearly said the club needs to be self sustainable and by doing that will sign young players try and develop and sell at a profit. Their own wealth has no relevance on anything as they don’t use it to grow businesses, they just use it to buy a stake in businesses that are under valued or in need of instant resources.

I like the idea of Hamilton or anybody for that matter winning a F1 race in a naff car, summat like a Morris Marina or an Austin Allegro.

We shouldn't need extra incentives to win matches and local derby matches especially, but a win will take us out of the bottom three if we can manage it. Its not that great but who knows what a win might do for the confidence.
    We're not the only poor team in this league, there are some others as well and we can finish 4th from bottom or higher, if we want to!.
    What angers me though is I still think we're a decent team potentially, we should be doing much better than this and I hope the players know this as they don't need to be told it. This coach though...
    Last edited by Acido; 23-10-2021 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    The owners have always stated they would put no money in to the club, they’ve never put anything into any club they own or have owned. They’ve clearly said the club needs to be self sustainable and by doing that will sign young players try and develop and sell at a profit. Their own wealth has no relevance on anything as they don’t use it to grow businesses, they just use it to buy a stake in businesses that are under valued or in need of instant resources.
    That's all well and good ESR but when one of their businesses is failing then what ?

They were sold this debt free and cash in the bank and that's clearly not the case today .

Whose responsibility does that fall upon ?

My opinion is you step up and fund the business you own to keep it trading .

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast