+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Leeds Matchday Thread

Leeds Matchday Thread

Less than 10 minutes in and Hwang puts Wolves up 0-1!!

Wolves still up 0-1. Podence about to come on

Wolves need to wake up. Leeds have had some chances and giving us all we can handle

Neves on for Moutinho. 2 minutes plus stoppage left. Needed this sub 10 minutes ago

Leeds get a penalty. Don’t think there was much there but no need for review

Rodrigo sends Sa the wrong way

This one is one Bruno. Made subs far too late, letting Leeds get a foothold on the match

Ends in a draw. Should have had the three points but Wolves didn’t go for the win in the second half. Leeds deserve the point

Fuly agree, Mich', we got what we deserved and so did Leeds.

Well done Mich for keeping the thread alive, sorry I wasn't able to help.

Just watched the game. Truly dreadful, we are so lucky we have scraped together the points we have, I can't see any shape to the team or any consistent performances from anyone.

How does any so called manager let Moutinho any where near corner kicks or free kicks. I know it is a cliché but "repeating the same actions and expecting a different outcome is the definition of....". Realistically it is time we seriously looked for a replacement for Moutinho any way. Too slow for the game now and late for every tackle. Time to go with dignity.

Worried about Jiminez. I have always liked him because he never dived or rolled around after every tackle or clutched his face dramatically after any kind of contact. How many times did he do it today, 3-4? It may be a sign that he is still struggling and a long way from his old self. Hope not, but something is amiss.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Well done Mich for keeping the thread alive, sorry I wasn't able to help.

Just watched the game. Truly dreadful, we are so lucky we have scraped together the points we have, I can't see any shape to the team or any consistent performances from anyone.

How does any so called manager let Moutinho any where near corner kicks or free kicks. I know it is a cliché but "repeating the same actions and expecting a different outcome is the definition of....". Realistically it is time we seriously looked for a replacement for Moutinho any way. Too slow for the game now and late for every tackle. Time to go with dignity.

Worried about Jiminez. I have always liked him because he never dived or rolled around after every tackle or clutched his face dramatically after any kind of contact. How many times did he do it today, 3-4? It may be a sign that he is still struggling and a long way from his old self. Hope not, but something is amiss.

Fair comment, Woody. Few would deny Moutinho's success as a player at club level and as an international for Portugal, where only Ronaldo has earned more caps. Although he has served our club well, I too think it's time he moved on. When taking a corner or free-kick any ability he might have once possessed, to pose a threat to the opposition, is no longer apparent. Unfortunately, age comes to us all !!! As for Jimenez, it seems the memory of what occurred last season continues to haunt him (and understandably so).

IMHO if we seek to get into the groove again, Neto and Jonny can't come back soon enough !!!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)