+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mick gone!

Mick gone!

Cardiff sacked him - Shopp next?

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Cardiff sacked him - Shopp next?
    8 successive defeats for Mick and an unwanted club record for Cardiff .

And no he won't be coming here .

For sure he would not work for this lot !

Not surprised if you go on a losing streak like they’re on the manager has to go.
    Apart from……..

He's coming home.. He's coming

Mick Mccarthy is a red. Is a red
    Mick Mccarthy is a red he hates Leeds scum

I had to laugh at the Cardiff fans after their derby loss to Swansea last week, uncle Mick O' Mac was getting some right pelters from them and each one was more amusing than the last one.
    Comments along the lines of hes a dinosaur and is over rated and hasn't got a clue etc lol. How long ago was it that he was great there, and he was apparently taking them back to the Prem again.
    Everybody knows this lot wouldn't ever be brave enough to go for somebody like him, and Mick is way too sensible enough to want to avoid people like these with a bargepole.
    Last edited by Acido; 23-10-2021 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I had to laugh at the Cardiff fans after their derby loss to Swansea last week, uncle Mick O' Mac was getting some right pelters from them and each one was more amusing than the last one.
    Comments along the lines of hes a dinosaur and is over rated and hasn't got a clue etc lol. How long ago was it that he was great there, and he was apparently taking them back to the Prem again.
    Everybody knows this lot wouldn't ever be brave enough to go for somebody like him, and Mick is way too sensible enough to want to avoid people like these with a bargepole.
    To be honest I think the Cardiff fans may have a point .

Mick's had his day now and his style of football doesn't work today long term .

His skill set would undoubtedly benefit a club such as ourselves who are in massive trouble and get us to safety but that would be about as good as Mick could do in this day and age .

Big Sam is the same , when in the shyte bring Big Sam in , gets you to safety and then the smart move is to sack him immediately .

You can still have a fun hour on a Sega Mega Drive but you wouldn't want to play on it for too much longer would you ?

I was laughing more at how quickly they changed their minds about him, one minute hes better than sliced bread, and then hes worse than yesterdays dogs dinner lol.

I suppose its the same with Colin W*ker as well, and remember he did that at Cardiff some years ago, he saved them from the awful league position they had dropped to.

But that is what we need now of course, a massive short term fix to at least save us for this season, somebody who the fans would really want to support and get behind 100%. Since you mentioned his name Animal, I do keep wondering if Hecky or Stendel would come back if they were offered it.
    Last edited by Acido; 23-10-2021 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I was laughing more at how quickly they changed their minds about him, one minute hes better than sliced bread then hes yesterdays dogs dinner lol.

I suppose its the same with Colin W*ker as well, and remember he did that at Cardiff some years ago, he saved them from the awful league position they had dropped to. But eventually he grew stale there and I keep thinking the Middlesbrough fans are starting to think the same about him.

But that is what we need now of course, a massive short term fix to at least save us for this season, somebody who the fans would really want to support and get behind 100%. Since you mentioned his name Animal, I do keep wondering if Hecky or Stendel would come back if they were offered it.
    I think Hecky would because he's Barnsley through and through .

I know people will point to him leaving to take the Leeds job but you have to remember this bloke kept us out of the bottom three despite losing Hourihane , Mawson , Winnall , Bree , Roberts .

Mowatt was terrible when he first came here and Moncur didn't want to know .

The club fecked up with McBurnie and he lost Harvey Barnes who went back to Leicester in January .

We only slipped in to the bottom three when Morais took over .

I fully remember the Wolves home game just before he left , Wolves had the best championship team I've ever seen that season , Jota , Neves etc and won the league by a mile .

They never laid a glove on us that day , yep Hecky set us up with plenty behind the ball but we got the point .

This clown today wouldn't know how to even go about such a game .

Hecky would have kept us up that season in my opinion .

The way the club fecked him over was the reason he went to Leeds and I fully understood that .

I'd have him back .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast