+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matt Palmer

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Thought the midfield was excellent today as a team performance.

Stockport fans on their forum want Rusk sacked. They also cricise thier players for diving and harassing the ref. They are not happy bunnies so a typical forum after a crap performance.
    What? A typical forum after a disappointing result? Surely "only on Stockport MAD" (or whatever they use).

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    What? A typical forum after a disappointing result? Surely "only on Stockport MAD" (or whatever they use).
    “Only on County MAD” perhaps?

One of the comments on the Stockport message board singled out Palmer for being so calm and assured and constantly keeping us moving. Classy player.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I understand the nominations of Ruben and Vincent for MOTM today but for me Palmer was a cut above anyone else on the pitch. Everything we did well came from his intelligence, ability and timing on the ball. No, he didn’t score or get an assist but he got us playing at a tempo and ‘bite’ that we’ve been missing for so long, and that let not only Vincent, Ruben and O’Brien shine but the whole team as well.

Stockport brought Seceveric(?) on to man mark him but he got nowhere near him. He is what I imagine a young Michael Doyle would have been like, I hope IB keeps him in that deeper role from now on. He has been good all year but today he was superb….he’s so unassuming too, but we’d sure as hell notice it if he wasn’t playing.

……..

As for Stockport, I’d be a bit worried if I was a fan. Lots of money spent but one of the poorest teams I have seen at the lane so far….or did we just play sooo much better…or a bit of both? I think KC alluded to it on the match thread but they reminded me of us from a few years ago, big names but no cohesion.
    Yes I think he has been our best recent signing & hopefully will prove to be along-term stalwart.

Have to say, Palmer has looked a bit of a luxury player until today…I thought today the work that Vincent did enabled him to have a good effect on the game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12