+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Frank Vincent

"Positive vibes only" - Frank Vincent 23.10.21

Frank knows, good lad

#PVO

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    First time seeing him today, thought he did well. Nice to see a midfielder breaking from their own half and scoring. Think he maybe better suited to a Micheal Doyle role than Ed Francis?
    I'd be more suited in that role than Francis

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    I'd be more suited in that role than Francis
    Have to disagree with you there. From the 3hrs of football we've seen from him in the last two games, everything points to him being an attacking, goalscoring midfielder. Those are obviously his strengths and instincts. It'd be a waste and a liability to put a player like that in the holding role.

Never fear though, we have Palmer for that and boy did he prove it yesterday.
    Vincent is a 10-goal a season player and we need someone like that if we want to be promoted. Palmer, for all his strengths, will never be that player. By the time he's 28 he'll be playing the holding role anyway so no problem getting him to do that now.

I reckon yesterday was a huge step forward - solving our midfield conundrum (Francis will back up Palmer now) and a stellar performance from DKE showing that we can play 3-5-2 without a weak link at RWB.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Have to disagree with you there. From the 3hrs of football we've seen from him in the last two games, everything points to him being an attacking, goalscoring midfielder. Those are obviously his strengths and instincts. It'd be a waste and a liability to put a player like that in the holding role.

Never fear though, we have Palmer for that and boy did he prove it yesterday.
    Vincent is a 10-goal a season player and we need someone like that if we want to be promoted. Palmer, for all his strengths, will never be that player. By the time he's 28 he'll be playing the holding role anyway so no problem getting him to do that now.

I reckon yesterday was a huge step forward - solving our midfield conundrum (Francis will back up Palmer now) and a stellar performance from DKE showing that we can play 3-5-2 without a weak link at RWB.
    The problem is doing it on a consistent level.

That's always the problem for every club, every manager. Whoever hits their top level (or close enough to it) consistently the most wins the league. We appear quite far away from that this season to date but we have the potential to be the best team out there on our day.

as a daft ad it sounds I’d rather be us than Wrexham and Stockport, feels like us in the relegation season, keep chucking attempted quick fixes at it. Grimsby look good but if they come undone like Torquay it’s wide open, not saying next weeks must not lose but it will help if we don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Whoever hits their top level (or close enough to it) consistently the most wins the league.
    I can’t completely agree with that. It has to be a team with enough about it. If Dover hit their top level consistently every week they’d still be hard put to avoid relegation. But I know what you mean.

True good point apple. I was talking about the promotion contenders identified on here this season but didn't specify.

It annoys me when people, especially in the media, say we need to be more consistent (I presume they mean consistently good). No sh!t Sherlock that's what everyone is looking for. Good performances, week in week out. It's not easy for a variety of reasons some you can control others you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Just because he’s done well in two matches in one position doesn’t mean he can’t be a better player in another role, worth trying at least IMO.
    In terms of position, I’m with Freeman. Played well, team played well, deserved win… why try him in another role?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    In terms of position, I’m with Freeman. Played well, team played well, deserved win… why try him in another role?
    You'd also be limiting a player with as much energy as he has by putting him in a role like that, which is the same reason why Palmer is a bit wasted doing that role.

That's why Chelsea don't do it with Kante despite pundits saying for ages he should be in that role, if you play someone like that there they're not flying around the pitch all game closing players down and winning the ball further up the pitch, which is what we want to be doing.

It's a bit like buying a fast car and fitting a black box to it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast