+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Frank Vincent

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    You'd also be limiting a player with as much energy as he has by putting him in a role like that, which is the same reason why Palmer is a bit wasted doing that role.

That's why Chelsea don't do it with Kante despite pundits saying for ages he should be in that role, if you play someone like that there they're not flying around the pitch all game closing players down and winning the ball further up the pitch, which is what we want to be doing.

It's a bit like buying a fast car and fitting a black box to it.
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    True good point apple. I was talking about the promotion contenders identified on here this season but didn't specify.

It annoys me when people, especially in the media, say we need to be more consistent (I presume they mean consistently good). No sh!t Sherlock that's what everyone is looking for. Good performances, week in week out. It's not easy for a variety of reasons some you can control others you can't.
    I think some of the "pundits" on such as MOTD or BT Sport have a stock of fall back platitudes like "..need to be more consistent" just to fill in when they want to sound like someone with insight. "A team in progress" is another good 'un.

Yeah lots of tired old phrases and clichés churned out by pundits.

Nice to hear on the interview that a relatively new and fresh saying is ingrained into Frank and the rest of the squad#PVO

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    You'd also be limiting a player with as much energy as he has by putting him in a role like that, which is the same reason why Palmer is a bit wasted doing that role.

That's why Chelsea don't do it with Kante despite pundits saying for ages he should be in that role, if you play someone like that there they're not flying around the pitch all game closing players down and winning the ball further up the pitch, which is what we want to be doing.

It's a bit like buying a fast car and fitting a black box to it.
    Let’s hope either Ed turns a corner (not been convinced he’s athletic enough since day one), IB can convert Cal into a CM (unlikely IMO) or the radar are on the look out for another CM. If we could add one more and rotate JOB feels like we’d be on the right path… agree with a couple of comments so far that by accident or design the selection at the weekend has gone a long way to fixing the obvious problem. Palmer can’t be a 3 man midfield by himself (although he’s had a pretty good go) which seems to be the requirements when Ed Francis floats about in there and we’ve sacrificed a genuine CM to accommodate Cal / Ruben. IB needs to stick with this now and not be tempted by his best 11 individuals…

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppie View Post
    Let’s hope either Ed turns a corner (not been convinced he’s athletic enough since day one), IB can convert Cal into a CM (unlikely IMO) or the radar are on the look out for another CM. If we could add one more and rotate JOB feels like we’d be on the right path… agree with a couple of comments so far that by accident or design the selection at the weekend has gone a long way to fixing the obvious problem. Palmer can’t be a 3 man midfield by himself (although he’s had a pretty good go) which seems to be the requirements when Ed Francis floats about in there and we’ve sacrificed a genuine CM to accommodate Cal / Ruben. IB needs to stick with this now and not be tempted by his best 11 individuals…
    I doubt IB will stick to anything rigidly. As he's said many times, he'll pick the players and formation to give us the best chance of winning a particular game.

Personally, I always like to see a winning team given the chance to run it back. I think we've got real competition for places now. Let's hope the selected players fight to keep those shirts like their lives depend on it.

Using Vincent as a holding midfielder would be er innovative, like playing Elijah Sam at left back.

Proper selection problems for tomorrow night, which is great. Who’d have thought a fully fit Callum Roberts would be on the bench 2 months into the season?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Using Vincent as a holding midfielder would be er innovative, like playing Elijah Sam at left back.

Proper selection problems for tomorrow night, which is great. Who’d have thought a fully fit Callum Roberts would be on the bench 2 months into the season?
    Sam may be more use in defence, he's no use up front

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

It’s possible Elisha Sam has picked up Elijah’s mantle (see 2 Kings 2:13) I suppose! But a good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Sam may be more use in defence, he's no use up front
    Have to agree, apart from his goals obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppie View Post
    Cal in central midfield would probably be a risk too far against some teams, but I wouldn’t be against seeing what happens with him for O’Brien in that 3-5-2 from Saturday. He did okay in that position (which he’s never played before) at the start of the season, and the back five gives us more solidity. Vincent for Francis in that system gives us a lot more legs and energy, and Rodrigues as the second striker likes to drop into midfield a lot anyway potentially meaning we’re not lacking the extra man in there when we have the ball.

You’d be sacrificing Palmer to be an out and out sitter, be I think that’s okay. He can control a game from that position.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast