+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Frank Vincent

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Using Vincent as a holding midfielder would be er innovative, like playing Elijah Sam at left back.
    I’m not sure the only model is one with a single holding midfielder. Two (or three) midfielders who have a mixed holding/attacking role can do the job in my opinion. The last thing we need is a holding midfielder effectively playing in defence throughout the match; we have to spend time further forward where creativity has a chance of being rewarded.

On the other hand, I don’t think Palmer is necessarily wasted if his responsibility is further back. He seems to have the vision and passing ability to influence play from a deeper position than in the first 12 matches.

Looks like a good prospect does our Frank. A very impressive couple of performances as a truly dynamic midfielder - when was the last time we had one of them?

Fits nicely into the system of playing 3 in the centre of midfield which was the system that suited us so well at the end of last season. Let's hope it continues.

Having just watched the highlights, although applauding a great goal at the time, I didn't realise it was Vincent who robbed Quigley on the edge of our box and obviously ran the length of the pitch to finish it off. Something Francis, O' Brien, Doyle or Reeves could never have done. There was a bit of everything a two way midfielder needs, could be a gem.

‘Nailed on’ positions for me right now are -

GK - Slocombe when fit

CB - Lacey when fit
    CB - Cameron
    CB - Brindley

CDM - Palmer

FWD/STK - Rodrigues

I’d quite like to see Mitchell given a run up front alongside Ruben, I like Wootton but his 1 in 4 conversion rate could cost us.

The above are the only players I think are indispensable at the minute. Wootton and Vincent are pushing but those 6 are my main men.

Quote Originally Posted by applepie2 View Post
    On the other hand, I don’t think Palmer is necessarily wasted if his responsibility is further back. He seems to have the vision and passing ability to influence play from a deeper position than in the first 12 matches.
    I’m no tactician, but that’s how I see it. Palmer had the best game I’ve seen him have on Saturday, and that partially seemed to stem from not having to get forward as much.

Roberts for JOB is an interesting suggestion. I’m not keen on it for tomorrow night, as I think that team deserves another go, barring injury or fatigue. IB is definitely a ‘horses for courses’ type of guy though.
    Last edited by BigFatPie; 25-10-2021 at 02:00 PM.

[QUOTE=jacobncfc;39895984]Cal in central midfield would probably be a risk too far against some teams, but I wouldn’t be against seeing what happens with him for O’Brien in that 3-5-2 from Saturday.

As much as Cal can bring us,I think the JOB that we saw on Saturday brings more to the team!
    Okay,not everything came off but his energy and directness didn't go unnoticed and a couple of his passes were sublime.....especially the first time ball with the outside of his right foot in the 2nd half which split the defence in two!....he's always looking for the positive ball and Cal sometimes hangs on to it that little bit too long!

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post

GK - Slocombe when fit

CB - Lacey when fit
    CB - Cameron
    CB - Brindley

CDM - Palmer

FWD/STK - Rodrigues

I’d quite like to see Mitchell given a run up front alongside Ruben, I like Wootton but his 1 in 4 conversion rate could cost us.

The above are the only players I think are indispensable at the minute. Wootton and Vincent are pushing but those 6 are my main men.
    Wootton will always start if fit. Rightly so, too.

I prefer Rawlinson to Lacey in the centre of that back three as well. Gives us balance with a left footer on the left, and as much as Lacey is better on the ball, Rawlinson is important on set pieces to a team that doesn’t have any tall midfielders to help out.

Nice to have the dilemma of fitting in 4 good CBs into that back 3.

Big Wootton fan so I'm with Jacob and he is indispensable alongside my man Rùben for Notts.

What's eveyone's take on Patterson since joining? Does Sam walk straight back in when fully fit or not based on what you've seen to date?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Nice to have the dilemma of fitting in 4 good CBs into that back 3.

Big Wootton fan so I'm with Jacob and he is indispensable alongside my man Rùben for Notts.

What's eveyone's take on Patterson since joining? Does Sam walk straight back in when fully fit or not based on what you've seen to date?
    I don’t think there’s much between them, so on that basis Slocombe probably comes back in for his experience and organisation, which may have helped with something like the Halifax debacle. Patterson’s been a good signing though and it means we don’t have to worry about bringing Sam back until he’s completely fit and can carry on without a ‘keeper on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post

GK - Slocombe when fit

CB - Lacey when fit
    CB - Cameron
    CB - Brindley

CDM - Palmer

FWD/STK - Rodrigues

I’m a big fan of Slocombe, but I don’t believe he’s an automatic choice when fit.

Lacey, as with Slocombe. Rawlinson played well on Saturday and gives a good balance with Brindley/Cameron.

The rest I would agree with, but would also add Wootton. And of course, you couldn’t leave out Vincent.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast