+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New Home Ticket policy & prices confirmed

New Home Ticket policy & prices confirmed

New Home ticket policy & Prices confirmed.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/tic...er-league-game

Ticket allocation ER - Leeds v Leicester Sunday Nov 7th 2021 2pm.

1.This Monday the ER ticket lines were jammed solid with fans desperate to get their
    hands on on seats for the Leicester game,most were left bitterly disappointed.Many
    waited patiently on the on the phone for a considerable amount of time, only to receive
    the inevitable news that all tickets had been snapped up.

Sadly when searching online the ticket touts had dozens of available seats on offer as
    long as you're prepared to pay up to 'six times' their face value.

A ticket at Elland Road can cost between £29 to £47 depending on the view
    (and opposition) but a quick search on football tout sites showed seats for the Leicester
    game [which only went on sale Monday] for up to £300 per ticket or £1,200 for
    a family of four - that's £13 per minute.

The Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 makes it a criminal offence.
    But touts have found ways to bend the laws. One way is to sell a scarf at a hugely
    inflated price with a 'free ticket'.The Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006 and later the
    Ticket Touting [Designation of Football Matches] Order 2007 goes some way to
    stopping this but obviously not far enough.

So WHAT should happen to Leeds fans caught selling tickets to these parasites ?

2.At the end of the ER Watford game a 10 year old Leeds fan ran onto pitch
    with his Dad to congratulate Shacks - later the family had their season ticket
    'suspended' for 4 ER games as you 'cannot enter the field of play' end of no matter what
    age you are as such actions automatically get the club fined.
    Tight or sending out the right message to ticket holders ?

3.Coming over to watch the few games I've seen so far two things I've noticed have been
    not many folks wearing masks in public places [airport,railways] & the Police in York
    around York Minster Cathedral carrying automatic machine guns - new to me but
    welcome all the same as in France troops on streets as well as Police all carry guns.

So who is buying these tickets should be of concern & English fans crowd trouble this
    week in Europe shows that idiots do & can still get them.
    Thoughts ?

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    New Home ticket policy & Prices confirmed.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/tic...er-league-game
    Seem ok just wondering what the average wage is over in England. It's like 40 dollars here a game so for me, it would be expensive as that is my weekly food bill lol.
    But going on what other teams charge that all seems very reasonable.
    On Masks and that forget it all going to be out of control soon as I just read now in Russia the virus is going through the roof here also idiots gathering in big groups no protection and laughing about things.

Not sure what average wage is in England myself Oz.

But this is for Leeds in North England. https://observatory.leeds.gov.uk/lee...nd-employment/

Obviously jobs,areas where you live,age will have differing figures & expect London will be on silly money but times are hard everywhere mate & football tickets cost a lot sadly mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Not sure what average wage is in England myself Oz.

But this is for Leeds in North England. https://observatory.leeds.gov.uk/lee...nd-employment/

Obviously jobs,areas where you live,age will have differing figures & expect London will be on silly money but times are hard everywhere mate & football tickets cost a lot sadly mate.
    Average wage in the North is around £24k, before taxes. so £2k/month before tax (in the UK that on average is 20%) leaving around £1600 per month to cover all living expenses, including mortgage, council tax, everything. So a single ticket to ER would represent nearly 3% of a single persons monthly disposable income.

If like me, you're a pensioner, your location is irrelevant. You would get around £850/month as a single person, again to cover everything, so the % that a single person would have to shell out for a single ticket at ER would be more like 7% of available income Try doing that and paying for heat, water, council tax, (none of which are "negotiable" are they?) BEFORE you consider whether you would like to eat that week/month. How many matches would you be able to attend (assuming of course that travel/accommodation costs are nil)?

So, Orgoner, care to hazard a guess as to how easy it is for a pensioner to attend ER???????????

As for stopping touts (who are NOT "Fans selling tickets", THEY are the parasites referred to, selling ticket to fans desperate to watch their team), easy, maximum number of tickets sold in a single transaction = 4, no tickets sold to those who are not registered members and whose membership AND previous attendance have been validated by the club, immediate and permanent bans to any members found to have sold tickets at anything over face value, no tickets to be sanctioned for sale via "third party" ticket sales sites such as Stubhub. None of the above is hard to achieve, and it won't make tout sales impossible, just a f00king sight harder and less profitable, just needs the club to take action, question is, will they (can they be bothered)?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Average wage in the North is around £24k, before taxes. so £2k/month before tax (in the UK that on average is 20%) leaving around £1600 per month to cover all living expenses, including mortgage, council tax, everything. So a single ticket to ER would represent nearly 3% of a single persons monthly disposable income.

If like me, you're a pensioner, your location is irrelevant. You would get around £850/month as a single person, again to cover everything, so the % that a single person would have to shell out for a single ticket at ER would be more like 7% of available income Try doing that and paying for heat, water, council tax, (none of which are "negotiable" are they?) BEFORE you consider whether you would like to eat that week/month. How many matches would you be able to attend (assuming of course that travel/accommodation costs are nil)?

So, Orgoner, care to hazard a guess as to how easy it is for a pensioner to attend ER???????????

As for stopping touts (who are NOT "Fans selling tickets", THEY are the parasites referred to, selling ticket to fans desperate to watch their team), easy, maximum number of tickets sold in a single transaction = 4, no tickets sold to those who are not registered members and whose membership AND previous attendance have been validated by the club, immediate and permanent bans to any members found to have sold tickets at anything over face value, no tickets to be sanctioned for sale via "third party" ticket sales sites such as Stubhub. None of the above is hard to achieve, and it won't make tout sales impossible, just a f00king sight harder and less profitable, just needs the club to take action, question is, will they (can they be bothered)?
    Given that you seem an intelligent man - albeit a misserable one - I am surprised to say the least that you didn't have the foresight and / or the opportunity to invest in a private pension to subsidise your lifestyle following retirement?
    It seems to be a given nowadays that people are expected to take out a private pension - wasn't always the case, but from previous posts I beleive you have held some senior positions in your working life and so would have expected you to have taken steps to support yourself through retirement.
    Perhaps I am completely wrong here and you do actually have a private pension, or where never in a position to invest in one, but it's just the way you respond to comments about not attending games, and refer to people living on a pension, meaning the state pension that lead me to this conclusion.

This is not a dig by the way.
    Last edited by Tichi1; 23-10-2021 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Given that you seem an intelligent man - albeit a misserable one - I am surprised to say the least that you didn't have the foresight and / or the opportunity to invest in a private pension to subsidise your lifestyle following retirement?
    It seems to be a given nowadays that people are expected to take out a private pension - wasn't always the case, but from previous posts I beleive you have held some senior positions in your working life and so would have expected you to have taken steps to support yourself through retirement.
    Perhaps I am completely wrong here and you do actually have a private pension, or where never in a position to invest in one, but it's just the way you respond to comments about not attending games, and refer to people living on a pension, meaning the state pension that lead me to this conclusion.

This is not a dig by the way.
    I did indeed "invest in a private pension", only to see its value drop like a stone as a result of poor investment management (I'm not one of the fortunate enough to have had a final salary pension), leaving me with a fraction of what I contributed to "subsidise my lifestyle". Despite being of retirement age I work, when I can find employers willing to take on a 66-year old, although the earnings are usually at the level of the national minimum wage (roughly half of the average wage figure I gave), partly to keep the wolf from the door, partly to stave off boredom, but still have much less than the average wage figure to manage on. I don't know what personal circumstances apply to any of those who post here, but I do know how hard it can be just to exist, and to do so at a time when it might have been reasonably expected that life would be just a little less harsh. Shame some others find it easier to make flippant "humorous" remarks. "Walk a mile......."

I'm not, as you put it, a miserable man, just hard-bitten, particularly in the time since my wife died, to the extent that the measures I suggested to prevent ticket touts are but a mere bagatelle compared to what I would do if the law didn't prevent me. Slicing off the hands and tongues of those found guilty of ticket touting, and perhaps for the real bosses of what is an industrial scale crime, gouging out of eyes, would be some of the milder punishments, with no recourse to state assistance for those punished.

I get your drift - hard bitten for far to many at any age savings wise.

Not gonna go near how ticket prices are deduced but it's one that gets my Mother ramped up with regular seasonal 'ping-pong' dialogue with the club.

Reading that UK’s average pension pot stands at just £42,651 according to The Economist financial UK top financial read.That figure makes up a misery rate of the 'recommended' total of £237,000 for those retiring at age 67.
    Further,the article states 19% of the population [a fifth of all Brits] say they have no form of private or workplace pension & 18% of the population have a workplace pension but no private pension.

I've always been a saver & always tried to read about investments and yields & 'cos of my health issues am glad I did and still do as you'll get fresh air on 'interest' nowadays.

Was always told twice annual salary was the answer to the question of how much you should have saved in your pension or stakeholder pensions etc by your mid-30s.
    At 34 year old I've been able to save about one times annual salary,so plus some money from selling my flat,good currency exchange broker rates I'm lucky compared to most of my friends back home in England my age - but it's a total nightmare finding deals anywhere for decent returns long or short term although corporate bonds are moving again for useful extra monthly income.Not great for any age groups really.

Looking at various current UK estimates that a single pensioner could live comfortably on £17,818 a year [which would require a pension pot of £237,000 at retirement].Wow.
    Total nightmare finding 'honest deals' I recall and with chopping and changing employment & illness it created many aggravating issues for sure.
    The Association of British Insurers now estimating there’s currently £19.4 billion in lost or unclaimed pensions in the UK.

Worrying when you look at rising care/nursing home charges today - frightening !
    Personally I was struggling in England,still would be,glad I made the massive decision to leave,very hard but the experiences I've gained made it worthwhile to be in a position to again plan for my future.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/financia...d-pension-pot/

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)