+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ratings v Stockport

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Keeper: looked good today. Came for crosses well, but in truth was rarely tested. 7
    DKE: The best game I've seen him play (did you hear that MagpieMania?) Contender for MOM 8
    Brindley: solid, got forward well to get things moving. 7
    Rawlo: solid, strong...we missed him. Went mental at the end and karate kicked their man. 7.5
    Cameron: very good. Comfortable all game. 8
    Taylor: his best game for us. 7.5
    Vinny: Excellent. He was everywhere. An assist and a goal...loved it. 9 MOM
    Palmer: very good. Kept the ball well and kept is ticking. 8
    JOB: did some hard miles, played well. 7.5
    Wootton: missed two sitters but is so important to this team. 7
    Rodders: the best player on the pitch, worked really hard for the team and was a threat throughout. 8.5

Cal: was the right substitution as we had gone too deep. 6.5

Really enjoyed today's game...not felt like that for a while. We hardly gave the ball away at all. Long may it continue.
    KCNotts has seen the light at last 😋

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I agree. I think he went early with the yellow for Rawlinson but at least kept it consistent.
    I thought Stockport had a few players that initially were trying to buy free kicks, but the ref played on.
    I’d also question the booking of Wootton and the booking of Quigley. I’m not sure he did anything wrong, apart from being bigger than DKE. But, then having decided to book Quigley, was it not a red?

Great challenge from DKE.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    KCNotts has seen the light at last 😋
    Probably the most bizarre moment of the game was when the Stockport fans chanted "You fat b@stard" at DKE!

They obviously don't know the difference between fat and muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    I’d also question the booking of Wootton and the booking of Quigley. I’m not sure he did anything wrong, apart from being bigger than DKE. But, then having decided to book Quigley, was it not a red?

The ref gave a foul and a card, if he was to give a card, it should have been red. Regardless of straight red, Quigley's dive in the first half was appalling and should have been a booking so he should have been sent off.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post

The Wootton yellow was very harsh. The tell tale sign was that their player dived with his arms in the air. The natural reaction if you are knocked down is to break your fall with your arms, not thrown them in the air. The yellow for Quigley was the correct decision, but he should have been booked earlier for his play acting and persistent dissent. It was poetic justice that his poor pass led to our second goal.

Patterson, 7. Looks very assured, big and when he comes for a ball he gets it. Came out to the edge of his box to catch one and I never felt it was a problem or that he'd flap.
    Brindley, 7. Good professional performance, went forward when it was on, defended solidly.
    Rawlinson, 7. Rock solid until he made an error for the penalty, shame as he deserved a clean sheet.
    Cameron, 7. Unbeaten since he's come back in and looking far more solid than earlier in the season.
    DKE, 8.5. His attitude is fantastic, always gives everhthing and was just great.
    Taylor, 7. Played as well as I've seen him today, beat his man but also good defensively.
    Palmer, 8.5. Those lime green boots were everywhere, stopped crosses coming in, blocked shots, won tackles, always tried to pass the ball forwards. Player of the season so far for me.
    JOB , 7.5 . Played a full part in a re*****ised midfield.
    Vincent, 8.5. Absolute revelation, completely changes the dynamic of the team. He changes us from playing like Stockport, safe, steady, in front of teams, to being quick on the break, dynamic, energetic and plain dangerous going forwards.
    RR, 8.5. Everything creative we did that put Stockport in trouble for the first hour had Rodriguess in the middle of it. They couldn't contain him.
    Wootton, 7.5. Should have had a hat trick but like all good forwards didn't dwell on the misses and got his goal. Worked his socks off as always.

Subs
    Roberts 7. Played for the team and did his bit.
    Mitchell, 7. Only on for a few minutes.

Birch, 9. Got everything right today. Had we lost he'd have been under some pressure but he not only got the win but we had our best performance of the season and arguably of his time with us.

MOTM shared between Palmer, DKE and Vincent, actually add Ruben in there as well, really great team performance today. First time I've believed we might go up since the curtailed end of the 2019 season.
    Vincent has absolutely singlehandedly transformed that midfield from being weak to looking solid and threatening. Wing backs go forward because they have a willing runner to pass to, defence have faith in a midfield that is covering them. Palmer now has a partner to share the heavy lifting.
    Seems ridiculous to go overboard over a player who couldn't get a start against Tamworth last week but he's looked a game changer in the last two games.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    The ref gave a foul and a card, if he was to give a card, it should have been red. Regardless of straight red, Quigley's dive in the first half was appalling and should have been a booking so he should have been sent off.
    Yes, that’s what I didn’t understand. If he was giving a card surely it was red.

I didn’t think the ref was that bad, there’s been a lot worse at ML.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The Wootton yellow was very harsh. The tell tale sign was that their player dived with his arms in the air. The natural reaction if you are knocked down is to break your fall with your arms, not thrown them in the air. The yellow for Quigley was the correct decision, but he should have been booked earlier for his play acting and persistent dissent. It was poetic justice that his poor pass led to our second goal.
    Poetic justice indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Wasn’t Woots booked for kicking the ball away?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Wasn’t Woots booked for kicking the ball away?
    Yes, that's how I saw it - the only 'bookable' part of that sequence

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast