+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ratings v Stockport

Ratings v Stockport

Keeper: looked good today. Came for crosses well, but in truth was rarely tested. 7
    DKE: The best game I've seen him play (did you hear that MagpieMania?) Contender for MOM 8
    Brindley: solid, got forward well to get things moving. 7
    Rawlo: solid, strong...we missed him. Went mental at the end and karate kicked their man. 7.5
    Cameron: very good. Comfortable all game. 8
    Taylor: his best game for us. 7.5
    Vinny: Excellent. He was everywhere. An assist and a goal...loved it. 9 MOM
    Palmer: very good. Kept the ball well and kept is ticking. 8
    JOB: did some hard miles, played well. 7.5
    Wootton: missed two sitters but is so important to this team. 7
    Rodders: the best player on the pitch, worked really hard for the team and was a threat throughout. 8.5

Cal: was the right substitution as we had gone too deep. 6.5

Really enjoyed today's game...not felt like that for a while. We hardly gave the ball away at all. Long may it continue.

Wouldn’t really argue with the original ratings. You can see how good we were in that I don’t think anyone could claim any player had a bad game, and there were half a dozen candidates for MOTM.

Patterson - 6 - Still don’t feel anything like as confident with him as when Slocombe’s playing, but no major issues today. Quiet afternoon.

Brindley - 7.5 - Rolls Royce of a defender. Good in all aspects again today, as he generally has been since moving into that RCB role.

Rawlinson - 7 - Last minute calamity aside, a big return to the team and provided the presence and leadership the defence had been lacking.

Cameron - 7.5 - Like Rawinson, loses a point for unnecessary panic for the penalty, but otherwise very, very good. Goal line clearance first half was key.

DKE - 9 - MOTM. Just outstanding. Dominated his flank, provided an important last ditch tackle against the LWB a few minutes in and didn’t let up after that. Won an incredibly brave header against a player a foot taller than him, was borderline knocked out in the process, and still didn’t give an inch after that. Probably his best game in a Notts shirt.

Vincent - 8 - Took a while to get into it but can’t argue with a goal and an assist as a result from his first league start. Endless energy and goal-scoring threat really gives us something extra from midfield.

Palmer - 8.5 - Absolutely outstanding. Can’t recall a single mistake. Dominated a midfield of much-vaunted players. Versatility in being able to play the holding role he wasn’t brought in for is hugely important.

O’Brien - 7.5 - Like Vincent, non-stop running meant they didn’t get a minute and a couple of excellent passes through showed his quality.

Taylor - 8 - Best game yet. Didn’t give an inch defensively and wing play at the end of the first half to square to Wootton deserved an assist.

Rodrigues - 8 - By far the best player on the pitch first half, movement was a class above and unlucky with a brilliant individual effort. Role in a front two just behind Wootton is undoubtedly where he’s most effective.

Wootton - 7 - Missed two very presentable chances first half which is always the worry with him, and looked slightly fortunate with a deflection for the one he did get. But usual boundless effort and work for the team, and was big in defending set pieces.

Roberts - 6.5 - Perhaps an odd sub for a CM when we were 2-0 up but showed glimpses of quality. The conundrum is we look so much better with an orthodox midfield 3 in a 3-5-2 set up, which means there’s only really room for one of him Rodrigues.

Mitchell - n/a.

Burchnall - 9 - Difficult team selection today but got it spot on in leaving out Mitchell, which must have been a difficult call after two goals midweek, and starting Rodrigues upfront. Also right to revert to the 3-5-2 and keep faith with Vincent.
    Last edited by freemuzzy; 23-10-2021 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post
    Wouldn’t really argue with the original ratings. You can see how good we were in that I don’t think anyone could claim any player had a bad game, and there were half a dozen candidates for MOTM.

Patterson - 6 - Still don’t feel anything like as confident with him as when Slocombe’s playing, but no major issues today. Quiet afternoon.

Brindley - 7.5 - Rolls Royce of a defender. Good in all aspects again today, as he generally has been since moving into that RCB role.

Rawlinson - 7 - Last minute calamity aside, a big return to the team and provided the presence and leadership the defence had been lacking.

Cameron - 7.5 - Like Rawinson, loses a point for unnecessary panic for the penalty, but otherwise very, very good. Goal line clearance first half was key.

DKE - 9 - MOTM. Just outstanding. Dominated his flank, provided an important last ditch tackle against the LWB a few minutes in and didn’t let up after that. Won an incredibly brave header against a player a foot taller than him, was borderline knocked out in the process, and still didn’t give an inch after that. Probably his best game in a Notts shirt.

Vincent - 8 - Took a while to get into it but can’t argue with a goal and an assist as a result from his first league start. Endless energy and goal-scoring threat really gives us something extra from midfield.

Palmer - 8.5 - Absolutely outstanding. Can’t recall a single mistake. Dominated a midfield of much-vaunted players. Versatility in being able to play the holding role he wasn’t brought in for is hugely important.

O’Brien - 7.5 - Like Vincent, non-stop running meant they didn’t get a minute and a couple of excellent passes through showed his quality.

Taylor - 8 - Best game yet. Didn’t give an inch defensively and wing play at the end of the first half to square to Wootton deserved an assist.

Rodrigues - 8 - By far the best player on the pitch first half, movement was a class above and unlucky with a brilliant individual effort. Role in a front two just behind Wootton is undoubtedly where he’s most effective.

Wootton - 7 - Missed two very presentable chances first half which is always the worry with him, and looked slightly fortunate with a deflection for the one he did get. But usual boundless effort and work for the team, and was big in defending set pieces.

Roberts - 6.5 - Perhaps an odd sub for a CM when we were 2-0 up but showed glimpses of quality. The conundrum is we look so much better with an orthodox midfield 3 in a 3-5-2 set up, which means there’s only really room for one of him Rodrigues.

Mitchell - n/a.

Burchnall - 9 - Difficult team selection today but got it spot on in leaving out Mitchell, which must have been a difficult call after two goals midweek, and starting Rodrigues upfront. Also right to revert to the 3-5-2 and keep faith with Vincent.
    6 for the keeper simply because you prefer Slocombe?
    Dealt with everything that he had to. Some big punches and catches at the back end of the game when we came under a bit of pressure. There was also his distribution, which couldn’t be faulted. I would give him a solid 7.

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post

Echo all of that, DKE was brilliant today and totally outplayed their LWB Kitching

Best performers today - Cameron, Kelly-Evans, Vincent and Rodrigues, all 8s at minimum - Vincent edging MoM for me.
    Palmer proved himself as great holding mid, pity to lose him further forward but he plugs the hole there very well

Patterson 7 - not a lot to do in the way of saves, but confident with his handling and distribution. Deserved a clean sheet.
    Brindley 7 - looks good on the right side of a back three, defended well and helped to build a few attacks.
    Rawlinson 7.5 - looked rock solid all afternoon until his brainfart at the end.
    Cameron 8.5 - looked more like the player I hoped we'd signed, commanding performance at the back.
    Kelly-Evans 8.5* - his best game for a while, did everything you expect from a wing back all over the pitch.
    Palmer - 8.5 - always available, barely wasted a pass, looks a class above this level.
    O'Brien 7 - as usual not everything worked, but always in the action.
    Vincent 8 - gave us something extra, lots of energy and movement, composed finish for his goal.
    Taylor 7 - solid defensively and a threat going forward.
    Rodrigues 7.5 - seemed to be singled out as the danger man, linked play well and worked some good positions.
    Wootton 7 - missed two pretty good chances, but kept going and deserved his goal.

Roberts 6.5 - got involved, helped us keep hold of the ball in their half. I have to mention his woeful effort when he had possession in the centre circle and their keeper had gone up for the corner. A real chance, but it went nearer the corner flag than the goal. He probably needs a bit of extra training with Michael Doyle on scoring 50-yarders!
    Mitchell - n/a.

A really enjoyable game and an excellent atmosphere, where the tempo was quicker and we played some really good stuff. There wasn't a weak link in the team and every player did their job. This showed what we are capable of, we just need to do it more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Patterson 7 - not a lot to do in the way of saves, but confident with his handling and distribution. Deserved a clean sheet.
    Brindley 7 - looks good on the right side of a back three, defended well and helped to build a few attacks.
    Rawlinson 7.5 - looked rock solid all afternoon until his brainfart at the end.
    Cameron 8.5 - looked more like the player I hoped we'd signed, commanding performance at the back.
    Kelly-Evans 8.5* - his best game for a while, did everything you expect from a wing back all over the pitch.
    Palmer - 8.5 - always available, barely wasted a pass, looks a class above this level.
    O'Brien 7 - as usual not everything worked, but always in the action.
    Vincent 8 - gave us something extra, lots of energy and movement, composed finish for his goal.
    Taylor 7 - solid defensively and a threat going forward.
    Rodrigues 7.5 - seemed to be singled out as the danger man, linked play well and worked some good positions.
    Wootton 7 - missed two pretty good chances, but kept going and deserved his goal.

Roberts 6.5 - got involved, helped us keep hold of the ball in their half. I have to mention his woeful effort when he had possession in the centre circle and their keeper had gone up for the corner. A real chance, but it went nearer the corner flag than the goal. He probably needs a bit of extra training with Michael Doyle on scoring 50-yarders!
    Mitchell - n/a.

A really enjoyable game and an excellent atmosphere, where the tempo was quicker and we played some really good stuff. There wasn't a weak link in the team and every player did their job. This showed what we are capable of, we just need to do it more often.
    ^This^
    Great game and great atmosphere
    Yet again, had to play against 12 men as the officials were shocking again
    The standard of officiating at this level is disgraceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowpie View Post
    ^This^
    Great game and great atmosphere
    Yet again, had to play against 12 men as the officials were shocking again
    The standard of officiating at this level is disgraceful.
    Despite uttering a few (biased) expletives at the game, on reflection I think the officials did a pretty competent job today.

Just back in after walking the dog. Mrs Og has gone out for the night so it's just me the dog and a microwave chilli con carne so thought I'd have a go at the ratings

Patterson 8 - Anyone who thinks he didn't deserve high scores today needs to have a rethink. Thought he was excellent, met everything that was thrown at him and his distribution was excellent, also unlucky with the penalty, probably dived to far.

Brindley 8 - Can't fault him today, has made that RCB role his own.

Rawlo 8.5 - Absolute warrior, bit daft for the peno but nearly scored what would have been the most unlikely of goals first half.

Cameron 8.5 - Proper captains performance. Really knows how to push his team mates to the limit.

Taylor 8 - Best I've seen him this season.

DKE 8.5 - What a guy, you can't help but love his fighting spirit.

JOB 7.5 - Slotted in really well with Vincent and Palmer, a couple of dodgy moments but his endeavour and spirit more than make up for it.

Palmer 8.5 - Another workman like display, very good signing.

Vincent 9* - My first time watching him. What a difference he made to the dynamic of the midfield, his movement is insane for this level and with a goal and assist on his league debut has to be MOTM!

Rodders 9 - Best player in this league by a country mile.

Wootton 8 - Missed a couple of chances first half but got his goal when it was probably most needed and lead the line the way we all know he can.

Subs:
    Roberts 8 - Added another level of attacking threat and definitely had an impact when he came on.

Mitchell - Not on long enough to rate but showed great feet with his first touch of the ball which resulted in a decent shot on goal.

IB 9 - Tactically spot on today.

As others have said, was a very enjoyable game. It's interesting I've had a few DM's on twitter from a couple of Hatters fans who are saying despite all the signings they're actually worse than last season. It made me realise watching them today that they looked like we did under Ardley.

Glad it isn’t just me who thought DKE was MOM

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Despite uttering a few (biased) expletives at the game, on reflection I think the officials did a pretty competent job today.
    I agree. I think he went early with the yellow for Rawlinson but at least kept it consistent.
    I thought Stockport had a few players that initially were trying to buy free kicks, but the ref played on.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast