+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ratings v Stockport

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Echo all of that, DKE was brilliant today and totally outplayed their LWB Kitching
    DKE's last great performance was probably the 3-2 against Sutton. Big game player?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Wasn’t Woots booked for kicking the ball away?
    Yes he was

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Vincent for me was class
    He certainly had a great game and looks good...

Notts completely dominated the midfield. When we had the ball we were much better at playing through the lines. The movement of the players was very good.
    Without the ball we hunted in packs. We swarmed and smothered Stockport.
    The fitness and desire of the players was outstanding.
    Vincent, Palmer, JoB and Rodders set the tone with this. They simply didn’t stop running.
    The Stockport manager didn’t heap praise on our side. No manager would. He accepted they were beaten by the better side.
    If we do the above consistently. Well, I don’t want to tempt fate.
    COY ***y stylish P’s

Thanks for everyone's match ratings gives a great picture (alongside Stalls and IB comments post match) for those who didn't attend the game. Plus it makes very pleasant reading on a Sunday morning.

Bigger tests to come now.

Great display yesterday, almost a perfect performance. It just goes to show how positives can come from supposed negatives. If we had beaten Tamworth at their ground, Vincent would not have been given a run out in the ensuing replay.
    As it turns out his performances in those two games could be season defining, as we have been crying out for a midfielder with his qualities for long enough. I am still buzzing after yesterday's performance, well done to all. It is strange how one performance can lift the mood of a club so much. I know people will be on here saying we have seen it all before, but it is nice to have that feeling anyway. #Only positive thoughts COYP.

I’d give everyone at eight to be honest, was just a good team performance.

Matching up with wing backs against a team doing the same means a lot comes down to who wins the one on one battles in those wide areas, and Dion/Taylor both completely dominated their direct opponents all game. Couple that with Vincent giving us the extra man in midfield and we were able to pretty much control the game from beginning to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Notts completely dominated the midfield. When we had the ball we were much better at playing through the lines. The movement of the players was very good.
    Without the ball we hunted in packs. We swarmed and smothered Stockport.
    The fitness and desire of the players was outstanding.
    Vincent, Palmer, JoB and Rodders set the tone with this. They simply didn’t stop running.
    The Stockport manager didn’t heap praise on our side. No manager would. He accepted they were beaten by the better side.
    If we do the above consistently. Well, I don’t want to tempt fate.
    COY ***y stylish P’s
    Interesting how 1 less attacker on the pitch makes us more attacking because we're winning the ball back better.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Great display yesterday, almost a perfect performance. It just goes to show how positives can come from supposed negatives. If we had beaten Tamworth at their ground, Vincent would not have been given a run out in the ensuing replay.
    As it turns out his performances in those two games could be season defining, as we have been crying out for a midfielder with his qualities for long enough. I am still buzzing after yesterday's performance, well done to all. It is strange how one performance can lift the mood of a club so much. I know people will be on here saying we have seen it all before, but it is nice to have that feeling anyway. #Only positive thoughts COYP.
    Hopefully the players feel the same and we can go on a run

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I am still buzzing after yesterday's performance, well done to all. It is strange how one performance can lift the mood of a club so much. I know people will be on here saying we have seen it all before, but it is nice to have that feeling anyway. #Only positive thoughts COYP.
    It’s also worth mentioning that for all the meltdown about the three defeats (and the Halifax loss in particular was absolutely ridiculous), things have picked up as soon as our defenders have got fit again. So largely the first two losses at least could be put down to the freak occurrence of losing our three senior CBS and keeper to injuries in the same week, which any team would struggle with.

Absolutely massive week ahead though, Grimsby are starting to look like they could run away with it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast