+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuesday Tin-pot Trophy

Quote Originally Posted by South Coast Miller View Post
    So who do we play? Surely we've got to give some fringe players/youngsters a go. I'm sure the likes of Barlaser, Rathbone and Smith would appreciate a rest so I would go with something like:

Vickers, Harding, Ihiekwe, Hull, Bola, Ogbene, Odoffin, Sadlier, Wiles, Kayode, Ladapo.

It might look a bit 4-4-2 but I'd have Harding on the right of the back 3 and Ogbene and Bola as wing-backs. Don't know what the situation is regarding Hull I have to admit but there's plenty of cover. If we can't throw our young ones in against U-21s when can we?
    Would not play wiles if he has a great game you never know who’s looking from Man City they like collecting good young players. play Grigg because he can’t play Saturday.
    Last edited by Lolmorgan; 24-10-2021 at 02:03 PM.

As top of the group and with Sunderland coming up, my hope is that we play an entirely second XI, assuming we have one.

Can’t get excited about this comp...play the second string and rest the lads for another tough game on Saturday

On team selection I think there is some rules to adhere too,I don’t think they are as strict as in past but there is still something based on appearances.

Other point is you can rest some players and think it’s doing good but sometimes you play players to keep ticking along and keep the match sharpness up.one thing you would want to guard against is any possible unnecessary injury.

Need to guard against bookings too, I.e. Rathbone when we were 3-0 up at MK

Tin pot competition. Not bothered if we get to Wembley. League more important. It’s just more games to play for players to get injured, and going by how many millers go to these games most agree with me .

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    Tin pot competition. Not bothered if we get to Wembley. League more important. It’s just more games to play for players to get injured, and going by how many millers go to these games most agree with me .
    Would we take even 10k to Wembley if we got there for this? Only bonus is the 10K we get for each game we win.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 24-10-2021 at 05:43 PM.

Massively devalued with the introduction of youth teams. It’s no more than a modern “pontins League Cup” now. I went to Wembley in 96, wouldn’t be arsed if we got there again in this.

Staying in the competition just transfers the problem later in the season but losing can upset the momentum

It’s a tricky one

We need to make maximum use of substitutes

I’m sure PW and Co think the same

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Can’t get excited about this comp...play the second string and rest the lads for another tough game on Saturday
    Can’t play second string ! Must start 4 players who started last match or face a fine.
    We will play some of the junior pros Hull, Grattan, ano big lad up front if he has recovered from injury. So that could be 7 plus 4 more ! Maybe Wood, Bola, Oddoffin,Sadlier, Iky, JJ,Wiles, Fergusson,Goalie,Harding, Miller 11 from those to start !

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast