+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuesday Tin-pot Trophy

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Would we take even 10k to Wembley if we got there for this? Only bonus is the 10K we get for each game we win.
    I suppose calling it a tin pot competition is being disrespectful but I don’t think we need extra games . The win money is secondary to our better players getting injured.

Prem U21’s is the only problem I have with this.
    We can play players who need games and to win a trophy is nothing to be sniffed at, it might be only thing some of these lads might win and they might be proud of their part

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    We can play players who need games and to win a trophy is nothing to be sniffed at, it might be only thing some of these lads might win and they might be proud of their part
    Agree with this Tops

We have a good squad, some of who need more game time, and the reserves games are not good enough quality or competitive from what I read.

It may be "tinpot" but as Warney has said, it is a platform for squad players to get time to play and also an opportunity for some youngsters to get that experience.So we make the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Totally agree, wasn’t the Auto Windscreen when we beat Shrewsbury the first time we had played at Wembley? When I was a kid it was just a dream, now it’s happened 3 times.

4 times, you may be airbrushing out the L2 final we lost

Yep 4, one at the old Wembley & 3 at the new Wembley.

Just to say it's their U23's and not their U21's
    Don't want to appear pedantic but it does allow slightly older players to play

I think if City want to give their 5th team a run out vs league opposition then they should be made to pay us for the privilege. £75k should do it plus our meagre gate receipts as an incentive to turn our floodlights on and pay staff to come in

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Just to say it's their U23's and not their U21's
    Don't want to appear pedantic but it does allow slightly older players to play

I think if City want to give their 5th team a run out vs league opposition then they should be made to pay us for the privilege. £75k should do it plus our meagre gate receipts as an incentive to turn our floodlights on and pay staff to come in
    Yes why do they still call them U21’s when they’ve been know to player older players?
    Some league clubs have received fines for breaking rules but its ok for them to not stick to U21’s ?

I don't get the hate for the cup.
    We play in 4 competition's. We are never going to win the fa cup. League cup very unlikely. So it leaves us with promotion or the tin pot.
    So what if the prem clubs are allowed to field under 23s. Prem league clubs play in the fa cup and league cup and field reserve teams.

People keep saying it's a tin pot cup now under 23s are allowed in. Is it them Vs is attitude? Would you moan of the first teamers were allowed to play? Someone give me a genuine reason why they dislike it instead of the baaaaa sheep reasons

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast